• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCFer Reaction To AD News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

This didn't need it's own thread.

groupthink is unhealthy , moving posts takes it out of context. And it should be USif, a BCS Trophy is now added to the trophy case in East Orlando. A loud, somehow still arrogant dwindling fanbase over here that is in complete denial

It must be really depressing thinking so little of your own team that even after the biggest win its history (not saying much), you have to rush over to your big brothers and beg for validation. Obviously you know that a single win over a Baylor team that didn't show up doesn't make it not embarrassing to be a UCFer.
Rush over here? The game was January 1 and your AD just got fired bc your Program is a complete dumpster fire and you have fans that are in complete denial what UCF has accomplished. You guys had 9-10k actual fans towards the end of the regular season and u guys still have your collective heads up your rear ends and somehow are still arrogant when GoldenBuc drops facts you don't want to hear about your dying Program instead it turns into an irrational hate UCF rant Edited by ambienknights

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

dang the butthurt from the USF crowd is palpable. Take it easy guys. He is right lol. 

An update and clairification....

You guys can believe me or not. I went to USF, graduated in 03 with a major in poli sci, lived in beta hall first year then Fontana. I love the bulls, have been to a ton of games since undergraduate and work at a small law firm in Tampa. I normally lurk, this is the first time I have info... And to be clear, I HATE UCif....

On to the news- talked to my buddy, here is some further background:

- there are indeed NCAA infractions being looked into for MBB, but they are nothing major.

- this put DW on the hot seat, but wasn't a fireable offense.

- the Disney school is indeed in talks w b12 but nothing is final yet.

- USF got wind because DW had an unofficial agreement with the Orlando School that we would be a package deal. The other day UCif called them and told them the deal was off, blaming it on the NCAA infractions.

- when BOT found out about the broken agreement + infractions + b12, they had enough with DW.

- this isn't out yet bc B12 and ucifers have kept it tightly under wraps. USF admin, now that they know, have no such obligation.

- there is more out there, but my friend doesn't know yet....

I heard through a source inside the Program that there were talks the week before the Fiesta Bowl to get clarification if certain standards were met already. President Hitt is well respected nationally, remember the Texas Longhorns agreed to open up at UCF's On Campus Stadium.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

groupthink is unhealthy , moving posts takes it out of context. And it should be USif, a BCS Trophy is now added to the trophy case in East Orlando. A loud, somehow still arrogant dwindling fanbase over here that is in complete denial
It must be really depressing thinking so little of your own team that even after the biggest win its history (not saying much), you have to rush over to your big brothers and beg for validation. Obviously you know that a single win over a Baylor team that didn't show up doesn't make it not embarrassing to be a UCFer.
Rush over here? The game was January 1 and your AD just got fired bc your Program is a complete dumpster fire and you have fans that are in complete denial what UCF has accomplished. You guys had 9-10k actual fans towards the end of the regular season and u guys still have your collective heads up your rear ends and somehow are still arrogant when GoldenBuc drops facts you don't want to hear about your dying Program instead it turns into an irrational hate UCF rant

You and your lot were over here begging for USF fans' approval before the game even ended.

Edited by gobulls83
  • Upvote 1

We have a better market than UCF.  Though not by much on either account.

take into account how saturated your market is not only by other college allegiances(which Orlando has also) but Pro Sports. 

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Dude, you're embarrassing your own fan base. Big brother? I'd say more like fraternal twins where one (USF the female) had an early growth spurt and the other (UCF the male) came along later and of course became stronger. I come here because I live in Tampa and follow fellow state schools, especially conference mates. Losing your AD is big news and I wanted to see what was up. Plus, you all were talking UCF, so why not reply?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

take into account how saturated your market is not only by other college allegiances(which Orlando has also) but Pro Sports. 

Take into account that the Tampa market has attracted more and high profile pro sports franchises than Orlando, which is a direct testament to the Tampa market vs Orlando.

That line of market saturation is bull.  It's just spinning what everyone already knows.  Tampa market > Orlando market

They had 10 wins against garbage opposition. Again, if consistently winning 10 games against trash opponents gets you in, Boise State would be on the inside looking out. But they aren't, because wins and losses have nothing to do with anything. Anyone who insists otherwise can be refuted with a single word: Rutgers.

Boise is the 111 ranked TV market, no recruiting footprint, and has terrible academics. That's why they will never get invited to the PAC despite winning so much the last decade

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Orlando only really has the Magic in town and they stink now. UCF had a good year at the right time and the community jumped on board and tuned in. Same thing happens in Tampa and Miami. Thing is those two cities also have other pro sports to contend with, so it's tougher in Tampa and Miami, than Orlando.

• Upvote 1

Take into account that the Tampa market has attracted more and high profile pro sports franchises than Orlando, which is a direct testament to the Tampa market vs Orlando.

That line of market saturation is bull.  It's just spinning what everyone already knows.  Tampa market > Orlando market

2 of those franchises are at the bottom of the attendance lists every season and the Rays will be gone in 5 years. Tampa is not a good sports market