• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: 2013 Was The Worst Attended Season in The BCS Era for USF Football, and USF Fibbed About It More Than Ever

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

I'm just surprised that it took three pages to get some substantive OCS talk into the attendance discussion. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Without the Miami game, it would have been worse. Bad year.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

How did this turn into an OCS debate????

(Yeah... I know... EVERYTHING turns into a OCS debate.)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see how moving the game to an OCS would improve attendance

Students were outnumbered EASILY 10 to 1 in the stands, probably more. There was maybe.... 1,000 students in the student section? I'm not sure the exact number, but the first three rows had people in it, the rest up to the top was empty

Moving the games to an on campus stadium, would drive away 70% of the people who are attending the games. 

Most Universities would obviously dispute that statement. Just wondering where you got that fact from.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Students were outnumbered EASILY 10 to 1 in the stands, probably more. There was maybe.... 1,000 students in the student section? I'm not sure the exact number, but the first three rows had people in it, the rest up to the top was empty

Moving the games to an on campus stadium, would drive away 70% of the people who are attending the games. 

Most Universities would obviously dispute that statement. Just wondering where you got that fact from.

It wasn't a fact, it was an opinion based on our situation. I think 70% is a pretty ridiculous number but outside of students, it could lead to to a drop in people wanting to attend ... An on campus stadium is not the answer to our attendance problems right now, winning is.

BTW, most universities couldn't dispute his statement because most universities were never in an off campus stadium.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Where did you get your "fact" from?   Most universities have never played their home games at a  NFL stadium and then built an OCS.

nadal.jpg

• Upvote 1