• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, possible walk-on?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I've noticed that Chase Litton hasn't committed to any other schools yet, which makes me wonder if he might still be a possibility but as a walk-on and fill our other QB spot?

I do not have any inside info but thought it might make sense considering his situation(attitude prob, local recruit, former commit, quality player), although it would be a risk vs reward situation and he'd def have to be on a short leash. I know people are not fond of him or his antics but think it might be worth a shot if he was willing to try and play for a schollie and show he has his violation together.

I know its not an identical situation but remember doing something similar with Kloss after he got into trouble in high school. Look at how that played out as he'll end up being one of our best kickers ever and we've produced a few NFL caliber PK's in our brief history. 

Just curious if anyone has heard anything in regards to his situation or if the walk-on scenario is a possibility. If that is the case would he be worth the risk?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I've noticed that Chase Litton hasn't committed to any other schools yet, which makes me wonder if he might still be a possibility but as a walk-on and fill our other QB spot?

I do not have any inside info but thought it might make sense considering his situation(attitude prob, local recruit, former commit, quality player), although it would be a risk vs reward situation and he'd def have to be on a short leash. I know people are not fond of him or his antics but think it might be worth a shot if he was willing to try and play for a schollie and show he has his violation together.

I know its not an identical situation but remember doing something similar with Kloss after he got into trouble in high school. Look at how that played out as he'll end up being one of our best kickers ever and we've produced a few NFL caliber PK's in our brief history. 

Just curious if anyone has heard anything in regards to his situation or if the walk-on scenario is a possibility. If that is the case would he be worth the risk?

If he has even one offer, he's not walking on with us.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He claims he's holding an LSU offer, so I doubt he'd walk on...over a bridge he likely nuked. Can't compare him to Kloss. Kloss had a legal issue...Chase blasted USF in social media. Not sure that wound heals.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

He claims he's holding an LSU offer, so I doubt he'd walk on...over a bridge he likely nuked. Can't compare him to Kloss. Kloss had a legal issue...Chase blasted USF in social media. Not sure that wound heals.

Absolutely not.

And this is on both USF coaches and his head.

He burned the bridge and trash talked our program, so I would surely bet that our coaches would not take that.  Especially Taggart who wants only kids that WANT to be at USF. He's trying to change the mentality of this program and won't tolerate a head-case.

And he's too arrogant/proud to walk-on here.  He will take whatever REAL offer he has

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

As far as him "Holding an offer" from LSU.  If he did, he would be one of the stupidest kids in this recruiting class.

Its one thing to be offered by several top programs. 

But if the only other offers are FIU/FAU, Toledo, UMass, etc and he's been touting a LSU offer this late and hasn't commited while spots are filling up... I would completely question any decision making skills he may have.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

As far as him "Holding an offer" from LSU.  If he did, he would be one of the stupidest kids in this recruiting class.

Its one thing to be offered by several top programs. 

But if the only other offers are FIU/FAU, Toledo, UMass, etc and he's been touting a LSU offer this late and hasn't commited while spots are filling up... I would completely question any decision making skills he may have.

I do, in fact, question his decision making skills.  But even with horrible decision making skills, it seems clear that the LSU offer is not a committable one, assuming it wasn't an outright lie. 

DO NOT WANT.  Even as a walk-on.  This kid is toxic.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Yes, make him earn a scholie as a walk on.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

I'm not too familiar with the whole twitter bashing story but I do remember Stanley Clerveaux getting upset and making some comments. Although I know his were reasonable since it was from miss-communication between the coaches and player. Personally I'd be OK with us moving on in regards to any twitter comments since it has been responsible for a lot of players(both NFL and college)getting into trouble with their respective teams or fans. I wouldn't offer a schollie though but I'd def have a sit down with him and get everything settled before I would even allow him to walk on. They are teenage kids after all and no one is perfect.

This late in the game I would've thought Litton would be already committed to a school but since he has not it makes me wonder what is going on there since he is a talented QB and you have to figure some team would take a chance on him. That's why I figured the only way USF would is if he walked on and showed the coaches his attitude has changed as well as maturity level. As for him signing with FIU or FAU, I believe both schools have their QB's already and seriously doubt he has an LSU offer.

I just think its really odd that we haven't heard anything about him or the schools that are pursuing him since he does have D-1 talent and size. I think he might have to end up walking on to a school or going the JUCO route if his recruiting doesn't pick up soon since most schools are almost full and have their QB's committed. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

There's a recent article out there where Litton says he no longer tells the media any of his recruiting news bc of what happened. He blames the fans of "the schools" and how they reacted to his decommitment and other students decommits (where George Campbell is then mentioned). You won't hear a word from Litton until signing day. He will not come here, he is done here.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

DO NOT WANT.  Even as a walk-on.  This kid is toxic.

this says it all.