• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

who will be usf's next men's basketball coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Enfield came in and in two years went to the Sweet 16. At FGCU. Previously an assistant. Come to think of it, USF should be checking out whomever hired him there to take over for DW.

Uh, those Eagles that did so well would have been slaughtered in the former Big East. (We all talked about this to death.)

The same conference with Georgetown, who they made history beating? And where's he coaching now? If he can get deep into the tournament with that team I expect he'd do better than Heath has done with USF's level of talent. Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

What makes it even more laughable is that I don't believe for a single second smazza has watched a single moment of USF basketball this year, unless it was by accident. I question how often he actually watches USF football. His means of communicating doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that he has any clue what he's talking about.

Enfield came in and in two years went to the Sweet 16. At FGCU. Previously an assistant. Come to think of it, USF should be checking out whomever hired him there to take over for DW.

Uh, those Eagles that did so well would have been slaughtered in the former Big East. (We all talked about this to death.)

The same conference with Georgetown, who they made history beating? And where's he coaching now? If he can get deep into the tournament with that team I expect he'd do better than Heath has done with USF's level of talent.

Winning one game is not the same as competing in a conference. Georgetown was hardly the first major conference team to lose in the tournament to a lesser conference team, did every one of the other winners deserve to be in the bigger conference?

Or using your same "logic" - FGCU lost five games in the Atlantic Sun that year ... doesn't any one of those games "prove" they aren't even good enough for the Atlantic Sun?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415

The same conference with Georgetown, who they made history beating? And where's he coaching now? If he can get deep into the tournament with that team I expect he'd do better than Heath has done with USF's level of talent.

Winning one game is not the same as competing in a conference. Georgetown was hardly the first major conference team to lose in the tournament to a lesser conference team, did every one of the other winners deserve to be in the bigger conference?

Or using your same "logic" - FGCU lost five games in the Atlantic Sun that year ... doesn't any one of those games "prove" they aren't even good enough for the Atlantic Sun?

They were the first 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed. And I'll take the logic of USC's AD over yours, any day.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Can we agree to disagree?

Andy Enfield is a pretty good coach; he's got USC playing well so far.

But to say that without facilities and in the former Big East anybody could have walked into USF and make it Dance in two years is laughable. CSH did it in five(?) but I'm sure it aged him plenty!

We actually have a very bright future with men's basketball. I'm talking about the next five years. Facilities are a huge factor. And we have a coach who's taken multiple programs to the Dance. More importantly, he's shown that he can recruit -when he has facilities.

This season, however, is going to be rough.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess Kent State made it to the Elite 8 despite Heath.

Anybody can take Kent State to the Elite 8.

• Upvote 1

I guess Kent State made it to the Elite 8 despite Heath.

I don't understand. In your previous post, you are saying the reason Heath isn't fired has nothing to do with his performance, and everything to do with Woolard not believing he can find something better. Now you're defending Heath? Which is it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508

Stan Heath is by far the best coach that USF has employeed since I have been here (2003). 

They were the first 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed. And I'll take the logic of USC's AD over yours, any day.

Did I say he wasn't a good coach? Where did the USC AD say that FGCU team belonged in the Big East?

One thing I think we can all agree on: Kent State beat SEC, Big XII and Big East teams en route to that Elite Eight spot, so clearly could have reached the Elite Eight as a member of any one of those conferences that season. It only make sense.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Do your homework dude. SIX 15 seeds did it before FGCU.  :facepalm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Championship_upsets#15_vs._2