• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

if signing day were today where does usf stand?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Quick sweep shows #50, +/- 5.  Counts 3 star Jarvis Stewart, who won't be signing, almost certainly.

I think we have room to move up, and we have at least 5 more to take, and have some decent players in play, it seems. 

Of course, there may be some we "have" that are vulnerable to poaching, too.  That what makes the next 6 weeks interesting.  If Taggart can pull off a Top 50 class after going 2-10, that's a bright sign, and shows that some recruits buy into the plan. We shall see.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Per 247 we're first in conference and #46 in the country. If We see Ward and Knox commit, we could be seeing a potential top-40 recruiting class. 

ESPN doesn't have an overall ranking for us, but per their class rankings we're third in conference behind Louisville and Rutgers. In essence we're really #1 since both teams are leaving.

Rivals is same as ESPN, though we're #49 in national rankings.

I like our class so far-Taggart has never had a class this good in his years at WKU, and he made a winning team out of them, so I'd love to see what he can do with a top 50 class. Ward, Knox, and Robinson will be the keys I think. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If we can pull a top 40 class after a 2-10 season, I can't wait to see what he can do once we get back to winning.

I think we have a couple big signings left to see here before February.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

We're ranked #45 overall according to Rivals and we're #3 in our conference (#1 since UL and Rutgers are leaving).

#1llh2.gifLouisville2401233.041635#2rrd_50x50w_2.jpgRutgers2101142.81265#3sbn_50x50w_3.jpgSouth Florida2001152.851245#4ccj_50x50w_2.jpgCincinnati2200142.641200#5ttb.gifTemple210172.431020#650x50w.gifHouston250032.12900#7ccf2.gifUCF130072.54720#8ssh2.gifSouthern Methodist170012.06600#9mmg.gifMemphis170042.33585#10ccq.gifConnecticut90022.22285

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So, basically, the class doesn't look any better than the typical Holtz class.  Or maybe not as good.  Reading this thread it seems our expectations have gone from "He can recruit way better than Holtz" to "If he can coach these guys as well as he did as WKU we'll be really good."

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

So, basically, the class doesn't look any better than the typical Holtz class.  Or maybe not as good.  Reading this thread it seems our expectations have gone from "He can recruit way better than Holtz" to "If he can coach these guys as well as he did as WKU we'll be really good."

Hell yes he can recruit way better than Holtz. Holtz was recruiting with the BCS tag, came into a rising team, and had he been retained, I have my doubts that the team would have managed to stay in the top 75 in recruiting classes. 

Taggart is coming off a 2-10 season with mostly Holtz era players, has no BCS tag, and despite that he's keeping this class in the top 50. So yes, Taggart will surely turn this team into a good squad. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't answer the troll bullsbucs. He has no life and wants to be the best debater on the Internet.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hell yes he can recruit way better than Holtz. Holtz was recruiting with the BCS tag, came into a rising team, and had he been retained, I have my doubts that the team would have managed to stay in the top 75 in recruiting classes. 

Taggart is coming off a 2-10 season with mostly Holtz era players, has no BCS tag, and despite that he's keeping this class in the top 50. So yes, Taggart will surely turn this team into a good squad. 

So despite the fact that the empirical evidence disagrees with you, you still maintain Taggart can recruit better.  I guess there is nothing left to discuss.