• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NICK SABAN TO USF?!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Obviously would never happen, but I've always wondered if a guy like that would take on a job like this just to prove how good he is.

Makes me wonder how long it would take even a guy like that to turn a program like USF around.

Obviously too hypothetical to put a lot of thought into it.

Only took Jim Leavitt a few years and when he got here he had trailers for offices.

You never know what you got until it's gone,... Amen

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Obviously would never happen, but I've always wondered if a guy like that would take on a job like this just to prove how good he is.

Makes me wonder how long it would take even a guy like that to turn a program like USF around.

Only took Jim Leavitt a few years and when he got here he had trailers for offices.

when Leavitt got here, they didn't even have footballs. There were no trailers, no equipment, NOTHING. get it right

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I heard yesterday that Saban IS going to Texas.  I don't know how good the source is, but he said he heard Saban had some financial issues due to bad investments.  My retort was:  I'm sure Bama can pay him as much as anyone, as they have monster boosters.  He replied, "Yes, but not as much as Texas, and Austin is an amazing city" [which I'll vouch for]

I have no idea where this guy got his info (or conjecture), and I find it hard to believe Texas could make a big enough offer to pull him from Bama, where he could stay & become a legend.

Another reason I doubt he's leaving...if Mack Brown is in FL, recruiting hard, I doubt he's leaving.  But who knows?  So, I'm sharing a nugget, and will be curious how it ends.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

when Leavitt got here, they didn't even have footballs. There were no trailers, no equipment, NOTHING. get it right

The field didn't have lines because it was only mud

Players used lunch trays swiped from the Marshall Center as pads

No money for weights so two players would sit on either end of a stick for bench presses

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think it is time this thread got on the little bus.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Herbstreit confirms Saban is staying at Bama

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/411671536811388928

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I heard yesterday that Saban IS going to Texas.  I don't know how good the source is, but he said he heard Saban had some financial issues due to bad investments.  My retort was:  I'm sure Bama can pay him as much as anyone, as they have monster boosters.  He replied, "Yes, but not as much as Texas, and Austin is an amazing city" [which I'll vouch for]

I have no idea where this guy got his info (or conjecture), and I find it hard to believe Texas could make a big enough offer to pull him from Bama, where he could stay & become a legend.

Another reason I doubt he's leaving...if Mack Brown is in FL, recruiting hard, I doubt he's leaving.  But who knows?  So, I'm sharing a nugget, and will be curious how it ends.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24375053/nick-saban-i-never-considered-going-to-texas

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24375053/nick-saban-i-never-considered-going-to-texas

Yeah, that's a little old, but not surprising.  Saban says he had never discussed going to Texas, but if anyone believes that rumor was used to lever his position with Bama, they're on the pipe.  Bama didn't just decide to up the ante with Saban because he's not playing for the title...they likely know they need to pay him a lot more to lock him down.