• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's use the Shaw example on how CWT will make USF better.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

In case you all don't remember, Taggart recruited Shaw to WKU. Shaw turned him down and committed to USF. Taggart wanted him bad. The funny part is that Taggart ends up being Shaw's coach at USF. 1st thing he noticed about Shaw is that his body still looked the same as it was in high school. Taggart immediated had Shaw put on the extra muscle and it turned Shaw's career at USF around. Now, as Justin Pawlowski was saying on the radio broadcast after the game, all the current USF players returning need to hit the weights and get bigger and stronger. Get more mentally tough and get  a better understanding on how the Stanford offense works. It can be learned but it will take discipline to not false start or illegal motion all the **** time. They need to clean those penalites up for it to work. Also, I believe they have the leader in QB Mike White that will be vocal to all the current players to get it done. I can tell you this. I am a lot more excited for next season than I was during this season. WE EXPECT TO SEE IMPROVEMENT!!! If USF can get to about 6 or 7 wins then we can continue to build from there. GO BULLS!!!!!! This will be a big off season for the future. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Marcus Shaw didn't get any better than he was. He just got more carries.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

That is wrong as he got bigger and stronger. How can anyone deny that? Holtz didnt get the best out of him. Holtz basically wasted his talent. And it goes to prove that Taggart always liked his tallent coming out of high school. If Shaw would have chose WKU he would have been that much better during his Fresh or Soph year. No doubt.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

In case you all don't remember, Taggart recruited Shaw to WKU. Shaw turned him down and committed to USF. Taggart wanted him bad. The funny part is that Taggart ends up being Shaw's coach at USF. 1st thing he noticed about Shaw is that his body still looked the same as it was in high school. Taggart immediated had Shaw put on the extra muscle and it turned Shaw's career at USF around. Now, as Justin Pawlowski was saying on the radio broadcast after the game, all the current USF players returning need to hit the weights and get bigger and stronger. Get more mentally tough and get  a better understanding on how the Stanford offense works. It can be learned but it will take discipline to not false start or illegal motion all the **** time. They need to clean those penalites up for it to work. Also, I believe they have the leader in QB Mike White that will be vocal to all the current players to get it done. I can tell you this. I am a lot more excited for next season than I was during this season. WE EXPECT TO SEE IMPROVEMENT!!! If USF can get to about 6 or 7 wins then we can continue to build from there. GO BULLS!!!!!! This will be a big off season for the future. 

Sounds like a plan, let's hope so.

But I must again point out the fallacy on here about the false starts and motion penalties.  Those increased dramatically when White took over.  Those penalties aren't about "the entire offense", they are about White.   I expect him to be much more versed in the offense by next year, but let's understand where that is coming from.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like a plan, let's hope so.

But I must again point out the fallacy on here about the false starts and motion penalties.  Those increased dramatically when White took over.  Those penalties aren't about "the entire offense", they are about White.   I expect him to be much more versed in the offense by next year, but let's understand where that is coming from.

how does a QB cause false starts?  was he whispering a secret snap count to different individuals?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If you go back and look at the play clock for a lot of the false starts and illegal formations you will see that most of the time they are breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds because the play took so long to get in. I think White panics when the play clock gets so low.

For what it is worth, during the 49ers game the other day the announcer pointed out that their offense leads the league in those type of penalties, delay of game and that they take a lot of time outs to avoid delay of game penalties.

That is wrong as he got bigger and stronger. How can anyone deny that? Holtz didnt get the best out of him. Holtz basically wasted his talent. And it goes to prove that Taggart always liked his tallent coming out of high school. If Shaw would have chose WKU he would have been that much better during his Fresh or Soph year. No doubt.

Primarily I think you deny it based on the fact that he isn't bigger this year.  Stronger...probably some.  Holtz's S&C guy was terrrible but Shaw was academically ineligible and injured at points in his career early.  

Seems silly to take a sample of 1 guy...why didn't Taggart make another 15 or so guys better?  Shaw got it that this was his senior year, he focused and worked harder, and got enough carries to make an impact.  In the end though he didn't do much different than Plancher or Scott in their senior years and didn't have a better ypc than he did last season.

If you go back and look at the play clock for a lot of the false starts and illegal formations you will see that most of the time they are breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds because the play took so long to get in. I think White panics when the play clock gets so low.

For what it is worth, during the 49ers game the other day the announcer pointed out that their offense leads the league in those type of penalties, delay of game and that they take a lot of time outs to avoid delay of game penalties.

So how are you suggesting White causes false starts?  An inconsistent voice inflection when panicked?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

So how are you suggesting White causes false starts?  An inconsistent voice inflection when panicked?

Delay of game is one thing that can be blamed on a QB, such as the examples you made.. not understanding the play and taking too much time.

But false starts or formation issues???

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So how are you suggesting White causes false starts? An inconsistent voice inflection when panicked?

He calls for the snap before the shifting players are set. That was where most of the illegal procedures were called.