• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joyce and Jenkins suspended indefinitely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

@ByJeffOdom: Taggart: "USF didn't get this way overnight. It was a process to get to this point and it'll be a process to get out of it." (cont)

@ByJeffOdom: " ... I know a lot of folks are upset, they should be. They want to win and that's a big reason I took the job was the passion around here."

Interesting.  Wonder what he means by "this way" and how it relates to the two dismissals.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

@ByJeffOdom: Taggart: "USF didn't get this way overnight. It was a process to get to this point and it'll be a process to get out of it." (cont)

@ByJeffOdom: " ... I know a lot of folks are upset, they should be. They want to win and that's a big reason I took the job was the passion around here."

Interesting.  Wonder what he means by "this way" and how it relates to the two dismissals.

Lets speculate. Probably getting drunk on night before game and missing curfew. 

He spoke of "USF" so it seemed more institutional to me.  Plus, he suggested earlier that they could have done something to make it right... but what could you do to make those kinds of transgressions right?  Not suggesting anything in particular.  Just throwing it out there.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Another weird decision by our head ball coach.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  39

To clarify those tweets, Willie was talking about the recent losing seasons and how he's working to get USF "back to its winning ways" ... Wasn't talking about Joyce and Jenkins' dismissals. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

How? Coach set rules before the season... players decided of their own free will not to follow said rules... consequence was that they're no longer part of the program. 

How is that weird?

• Upvote 1

To clarify those tweets, Willie was talking about the recent losing seasons and how he's working to get USF "back to its winning ways" ... Wasn't talking about Joyce and Jenkins' dismissals. 

Oh, thanks for clarifying that Jeff.  I was confused by this post, given the thread title.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806

He spoke of "USF" so it seemed more institutional to me.  Plus, he suggested earlier that they could have done something to make it right... but what could you do to make those kinds of transgressions right?  Not suggesting anything in particular.  Just throwing it out there.

But then he said they were on track to graduate. Wasnt Mike Ford dismissed from the University for "institutional trangressions?" I just think it was more team related.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How? Coach set rules before the season... players decided of their own free will not to follow said rules... consequence was that they're no longer part of the program. 

How is that weird?

It's weird because they don't understand it and it's "bad," so it must be the coach's fault.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

He spoke of "USF" so it seemed more institutional to me.  Plus, he suggested earlier that they could have done something to make it right...

Did he suggest that about these guys? He did about Bivins but not sure he did in this case ...