• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Hey Ho Ho, Willie's "offense" has got to go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

we don't have the talent to succeed in any offense

Bingo
So if this is the case, why do we scrap what we are building this team on in favor of something else?
Dunno why you're asking me I want to give Willie time to get talented players that fit his offense on campus.

It wasn't specifically directed at you, however, you did post this earlier, making me think you were in favor of scrapping the offense:

This thread is completely rational.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I took Joe's post to be sarcastic....

Maybe ... I'm used to be on the opposite end of Joe's viewpoints concerning USF football, so there's that.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Bingo

So if this is the case, why do we scrap what we are building this team on in favor of something else?

The only thing worse than playing losing football, is playing losing football that is unexciting.  Like it or not, excitement brings in fans.  This offense is killing whatever hundreds of fans USF had left.

Who cares about the fans that would rather do something else?  I care about the fans that give a **** and still support the program. The bandwagoners will be back when USF starts winning again.  If you don't want to watch the games, turn the channel or make other arrangements.  No one is forcing you to watch the games.  

A Fan base the size of USF's actually NEEDS "bandwagoners".  There aren't enough die hards to sustain the program long term.  And yes, I will always watch, even if USF goes 0 for the next 50.  But I'm in the minority.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The offense is pathetic and embarrassing.  Bad coaching when players are running on to the field at the last minute then the team has to call a time out. 

Thank you.  I for the life of me, can't figure out why every single play must take the entire play clock to get off.

Bingo

The only thing worse than playing losing football, is playing losing football that is unexciting.  Like it or not, excitement brings in fans.  This offense is killing whatever hundreds of fans USF had left.

Who cares about the fans that would rather do something else?  I care about the fans that give a **** and still support the program. The bandwagoners will be back when USF starts winning again.  If you don't want to watch the games, turn the channel or make other arrangements.  No one is forcing you to watch the games.  

A Fan base the size of USF's actually NEEDS "bandwagoners".  There aren't enough die hards to sustain the program long term.  And yes, I will always watch, even if USF goes 0 for the next 50.  But I'm in the minority.

Oh, ok, NOW you're talking long term.  I guess when it suits your argument, that's ok.  What's best for this program is for the coaching staff to actually build it with a sturdy foundation, not plug a bunch of gaps with Band-Aids.  Scrapping the offense and installing a temporary one is tantamount to a big Band-Aid, just to make of bunch of "fans" feel better.  

If you really will always watch, you should support CWT doing what is best for the program, long-term, and 99% of what you've posted on this thread, especially your OP, is a far cry from that.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe ... I'm used to be on the opposite end of Joe's viewpoints concerning USF football, so there's that.

I was being sarcastic.

The funny thing is, we've probably had 50 threads the last 8 years begging for this type of offense.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I thought about this all the way home after the loss. 

Here are my thoughts.. 

It's clear that the defense is okay. The special teams is fantastic. They had some parts to play in tonight's loss, but not all of it.

Taggart's offensive isn't developing, and it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that there are a ton of problems. 

1. Taggart has had more and more of his players in the line up in recent games. Lawrence Martin is one of these players. Mike White is another one. Datvis has played better in recent weeks to be certain, and in certain instances Shaw is getting back to his old self. But these players are supposed to be WINNING football games at this point. Memphis is not Louisville or Houston. We had plenty of opportunities to take control of this game, especially in the first half, and we just aren't doing it. This was a problem early this year. I remember two or three plays against Michigan State where we could have taken control of the game. Guess what? we didn't. Same thing against FAU. Same thing against Memphis tonight. The WILL to WIN is not always there. If it had been, we could have easily been up 13-6, possibly more, at the end of the first half. The first White interception was one that I was disappointed by. He had time and his feet were set, so he should have been able to throw an accurate ball (that would have likely been a TD), but instead he underthrew it. INT. 

2. The verbiage needs to be simplified. I get that Taggart likes running his motions. But how do you expect to get the motions working if you barely have enough time to get the play off? We all saw it, especially in the second half. We'd break the huddle with like 12 seconds on the playclock, at times less. There was some improvement from the game against Houston, but it clearly wasn't enough to get the offense going. 

3. The offense doesn't have the physicality that they ought to be developing at this time. By this point in the season, Taggart should have at least been able to impose his mindset. Why does it seem like our offensive line is the only unit that hasn't seen any significant turnover, despite its difficulties? If you're going in from 2nd and one on the goal line, you need to go and BLOW the defense off the line. Period. 1 yard should not seem like a labor of love. 2 plays prior, Chris Dunkley needed to stay in bounds and smack down the CB. I don't know that he would have gotten into the end zone, but it would have sent a message to the Memphis defense. 

4. Darius Tice needs to work on his footwork, big time. I get that you are going to get hit on this game. But there were occasions tonight that the line opened holes and he didn't take advantage of them because of his bad footwork. It was as if at times he was afraid of taking contact. 

5. All in all, this is going to be a very rough offseason. I don't know how we're going to hold some of the members of our recruiting class now. 

I was being sarcastic.

The funny thing is, we've probably had 50 threads the last 8 years begging for this type of offense.

Gotcha.  My apologies.  We don't end up on the same side of most arguments.