• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Davis sighting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I still question his commitment.  There were plenty of lackadaisical routes, fear of getting hit, and just over all over lack of effort.  Yes he had numerous catches but in the past and last night he was lazy.  I will concede he started giving more of an effort as the night progressed. 

funny I saw a guy that had more catches and more yards receiving then anyone else in that game. even with a bogus PI call to take away a 25 yard TD.

I saw the same thing.  I also saw what I described above.

oh because that's not what you said.

sorry but a WR who is the teams leading receiver and the games leading receiver is committed.

randy moss didn't run hard on every route. plenty of NFL receivers shy away from contact.

I guess we all see what we want to.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I still question his commitment.  There were plenty of lackadaisical routes, fear of getting hit, and just over all over lack of effort.  Yes he had numerous catches but in the past and last night he was lazy.  I will concede he started giving more of an effort as the night progressed. 

funny I saw a guy that had more catches and more yards receiving then anyone else in that game. even with a bogus PI call to take away a 25 yard TD.

sorry but a WR who is the teams leading receiver and the games leading receiver is committed.

randy moss didn't run hard on every route. plenty of NFL receivers shy away from contact.

he was no committed.  Go back and read the chat from the in game if possible and you will see that was the consensus in the first half.

He made catches and plays, but that does not negate what I said.  

If Randy Moss did not run hard on every play then I would say the same thing. Commitment would be every play, not just when you think you are getting the ball

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bull94, do you subscribe to the notion that it's ok because everyone else does it?  Hope you don't put that in practice with any kids of your own.  

Just because others do it doesn't mean it's ok and people shouldn't comment on the lack of effort.  

he was no committed.  Go back and read the chat from the in game if possible and you will see that was the consensus in the first half.

He made catches and plays, but that does not negate what I said.  

If Randy Moss did not run hard on every play then I would say the same thing. Commitment would be every play, not just when you think you are getting the ball

so because a bunch of fans on a message board don't think he is commited then it must be so?half of those yahoos wanted him benched.

every single receiver in the history of the sport has at sometime pulled up on a route or didn't run full speed when not involved in the play. does that mean they aren't commited? what a ridiculous statement.

that is exactly what it means.

Bull94, do you subscribe to the notion that it's ok because everyone else does it?  Hope you don't put that in practice with any kids of your own.  

Just because others do it doesn't mean it's ok and people shouldn't comment on the lack of effort.  

the guy played hard. he was our leading receiver as well as the games leading receiver.he couldn't and wouldn't be if he was not giving effort or if he wasn't commited.

it's beyond dumb to fault the guy for not being perfect. BTW plenty of athletes look like they're not giving 100% effort when they actually are .

so a receiver doesn't give 100% on every single play in every single game then he's not commited?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

the guy played hard. he was our leading receiver as well as the games leading receiver.he couldn't and wouldn't be if he was not giving effort or if he wasn't commited.

it's beyond dumb to fault the guy for not being perfect. BTW plenty of athletes look like they're not giving 100% effort when they actually are .

I'm very proud of the way he played last night.  He stepped up and made some big time catches to help our young QB out.  I've personally seem him quit on more than a few plays this year.  

When you watch baseball, you see the defenders in the field crouch in a ready position on EVERY SINGLE pitch, even though there's a 1 in 9 chance the ball will be hit to their side of the field.  Why?  Because they want to be ready to make a play for their team when the time comes.

I don't give a flying f*** if he's not used to the ball getting there.  If I was the coach, I expect my players to be ready at all times when they are on the field.  It's obvious you are willing to explain away why someone wouldn't be ready.  I likely would not let my kid play for a team you coach, since you make excuses for players who don't give effort.  

If this had happened with Dre only 1 or 2 times, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

I'm very proud of the way he played last night.  He stepped up and made some big time catches to help our young QB out.  I've personally seem him quit on more than a few plays this year.  

When you watch baseball, you see the defenders in the field crouch in a ready position on EVERY SINGLE pitch, even though there's a 1 in 9 chance the ball will be hit to their side of the field.  Why?  Because they want to be ready to make a play for their team when the time comes.

I don't give a flying f*** if he's not used to the ball getting there.  If I was the coach, I expect my players to be ready at all times when they are on the field.  It's obvious you are willing to explain away why someone wouldn't be ready.  I likely would not let my kid play for a team you coach, since you make excuses for players who don't give effort.  

If this had happened with Dre only 1 or 2 times, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

I wouldn't want your kid to play for me. you're probably the type of parent that screams at his kid when he isn't giving 110%

the guy played hard.

he led the team and the game in receptions(almost double the next closest player) and yards. if he hadn't had a bogus call go against him he would have had 160 + and a TD. you don't have that kind of production when you aren't commited or don't give effort.

is the kid perfect? no. has he had bad games? absolutely. so has anyone who has ever played the game.

but you go ahead and rail on him for not giving 110% on every single play. for not being perfect.

so a receiver doesn't give 100% on every single play in every single game then he's not commited?

I would venture to say yes.  If you are committed you give the 100%.  If not then you are not.

That is what a commitment is.  Him being on the field is saying coach I am going to give it my all, and when he takes the play off, doesn't attempt to dive for a ball, uses trex arms to try to catch a ball, then he is not committed.

failing to give his all on every play =not committed