• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Korn vs. Bridgewater

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

We know Teddy can take a pounding, we've seen it first hand.

Can O'Korn take the shots that Bridgewater took on Saturday?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

We know O'Korn is no Bridgewater at this point in his career.  Still makes dumb freshman mistakes.  But he can take some hits.

But if he doesn't, have you noticed our backup QB Greg Ward?  He's another true freshman who plays frequently as our change of pace QB who is more of a runner. 

As a passer, 12 of 14 for 196 yards and 1 TD.

As a runner, 27 carries for 179 yards and 2 TDs.

You'll most likely see him play because he gets a few drives every game, especially if the offense is bogging down in the red zone.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

my magic eight ball says.....

yes

yes

Is it the end times already?  Lions and lambs laying down next to each other?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Hope the front line shows up. Hope Houston hasn't seen a defense like ours yet. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111

BYU, Memphis and Rutgers.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I hope Houston hasn't seen a D Lineman salute the sideline after sacking the qb with 4 minutes left, losing 34-3.  There's no way they will be prepared for that.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I hope Houston hasn't seen a D Lineman salute the sideline after sacking the qb with 4 minutes left, losing 34-3. There's no way they will be prepared for that.

Ah. Well.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

BYU, Memphis and Rutgers.

I watched a bit of the Memphis-Cincy game last night, and think Memphis may be the most underrated team in the AAC.  Their D is pretty stout.

Rutgers gives up 30 points a game, and have given up 49 or more 3 times (ok, so that's "a defense like ours" maybe!).

BYU gives up 21, but gave up 46.  I'm sure Houston isn't afraid of our D.  That's great.  I don't want them to think they will meet resistance.

The obvious key is:  Pressure & Hit the QB all day, legally, but HARD.  No missed tackles (including the classic Joyce "armless" tackles...wrap!).  If we get pressure on the QB, the LBs and Secondary needs to cover & make big plays. 

We won't win a shootout, but our D can punish this very good offense, and maybe even get some points AND Mike White can spark the O and get us into the end zone, we have a good chance.

Those are a lot of "ifs", but that's why they play the games.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23

I watched a bit of the Memphis-Cincy game last night, and think Memphis may be the most underrated team in the AAC.  Their D is pretty stout.

A team is only as good as their record, but they really seem to be better than that.  Their defense definitely is strong, but their offense is not good.  If they had any semblance of an offense, they'd be at least .500.  So many close game.  They just can't get it done.