• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I don't get why people bash others for not going to watch crappy football. I love going to eat at Outback, but if they started having crappy food and service I'd spend my money elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

This team is just not fun to watch

as a father, husband and business owner, I could not commit 5-6 hours watching this team in person.

the offense is unwatchable

Wait what? I can buy not being entertained by the event and that is fine if that is what you choose. But if you could put being a father, husband, and business owner to the side to watch a winning team then either your priorities are skewed or those things are not really being affected by taking time to watch a game (good or bad). 

It is fine to be disappointed and uninterested but cmon don't use those as scapegoats. We had the whole family out today and it was some good quality family time tailgating and watching a game.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Why do you guys always harp on the students? Most of the people in the stands along the sidelines were wearing red.

Exactly, so much red across from us, not much green except the HOT.

That is the visitor side. I could get better seats sitting on that side but choose to sit on the USF side. No Doubt UofL was well supported, someone I knew mentioned that their largest alumni base is here (kinda sucks for them for leaving the conference, unless they lobby for us to go  with in the future... but that is a tangent). I did notice a few people wearing FSU, or Bucs shirts while walking around and that was kind of odd. Anyways yes our attendance sucked but on the USF sideline it was nothing like the Miami game. I also thought for our performance thus far and the time of the game the student section looked rather healthy compared to what it was for Cinci. I wish they would just close the whole 300 section and offer anyone in the 200's a free upgrade if they chose to the next level of seats.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why do you guys always harp on the students? Most of the people in the stands along the sidelines were wearing red.

Exactly, so much red across from us, not much green except the HOT.

That is the visitor side. I could get better seats sitting on that side but choose to sit on the USF side. No Doubt UofL was well supported, someone I knew mentioned that their largest alumni base is here (kinda sucks for them for leaving the conference, unless they lobby for us to go  with in the future... but that is a tangent). I did notice a few people wearing FSU, or Bucs shirts while walking around and that was kind of odd. Anyways yes our attendance sucked but on the USF sideline it was nothing like the Miami game. I also thought for our performance thus far and the time of the game the student section looked rather healthy compared to what it was for Cinci. I wish they would just close the whole 300 section and offer anyone in the 200's a free upgrade if they chose to the next level of seats.

Visiting side............... There is a visiting section.  DONOR seats were full of red shirt clad humans. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

I remember when South Carolina had their 0-12 campaign...every game was sold out. They looked at it as the time when they needed to support the team the most to keep up the appearances that they were a big time program that was just in a dry spell. That team was horrible, but yeah fans kept coming because an empty stadium would do more harm to the program than a winless team.

I get what you're trying to say, but that is not true. They sold out about half their games.

Selling out even half your games in the midst of an 0-12 is a great indicator of an established, major college football program ... which is why those who don't think we are exactly where we belong to be in the world of college football, at this point in time, are delusional.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Noon kickof killed attendance

Actual number of fans ... Truth hurts.

But student support SUCKS !!!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Noon kickof killed attendance

It's what we do after receiving the kickoff that killed attendence.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Noon kickoffs are an excuse. We cant just single out the students, but the whole Tampa Bay community. Terrible support. Getting only 21K actual attendance for homecoming is is aweful. We had tons more than that in Homecomings when we were in C-USA. No excuse. Tampa Bay has terrible support for sports. Rays, Bucs, Bulls, etc have lackluster support. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Why should the entire Tampa Bay community support this team? USF needs to worry about getting its own back on board before it starts going after people with no connection to the University.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

JTrue,

Because it is their community. Their university.  They shoudl care!!  This team was 2-0 in AAC and playing against a ranked team. Also, Bucs could draft that UL QB so wouldnt they want to see how does? No excuses!!! The facts are that only about 20k care. Long way to go.