• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL Loss; helps or hurts USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Interesting to note, as USF started to fall off UCF began to improve. OLeary is not going anywhere, so is there enough local talent to supply UCF and USF after the big 3? Historically it does look that way... we need to beat UCF sooner rather than later or CT will be facing a tough job @USF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.

They beat Memphis, ranked #13 a few years back. They ended the season ranked, something USF has never done.
They beat Houston who was so overrated it was embarrassing to the college football world at the time. Tough for me to count that. I don't mean count it as a win I mean count it as something worth noting. Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Don't know about Oleary not leaving. He looked horrible tonight, health wise.

I wonder if the indoor practice field has anything to do with their recruiting. I do think Florida has a plenty of recruits for the schools playing football.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Helps. Louisville will have a hangover and sleepwalk through first half, since they no longer have NC to play for, opening door for USF. Can USF take advantage. 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.
They beat Memphis, ranked #13 a few years back. They ended the season ranked, something USF has never done.
They beat Houston who was so overrated it was embarrassing to the college football world at the time. Tough for me to count that. I don't mean count it as a win I mean count it as something worth noting.

Go read up on Case Keenum and the records he broke.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Only possible positive outcome for USF is a conference championship. It really didn't matter which team won. We have to beat them both to make that outcome even possible let's drive one last stake through UL's heart before they jump ship. As the Soup Nazi says, NEXT!!!!!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

USFBULLS24,

They beat Houston who was so overrated it was embarrassing to the college football world at the time. Tough for me to count that. I don't mean count it as a win I mean count it as something worth noting.

What is the criteria for a legit ranked team?  Was #2 ranking USF got in 2007 not legit since they didn't finish the season at #2 or ranked period?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

USFBULLS24,

UCF didn't play in FBS until 1996 (then called Division I-A) so probably it'd be more accurate to say 17 years.  They did play at least one ranked FBS opponent before moving up to FBS (FSU in 1995).  But really, unless you play in one of the 5 main conferences, you're not going to get many chances to play ranked teams after your conference schedule and the obligatory early season creampuffs -- maybe one or two chances a season if you're lucky and most likely on the road.  I'm pretty sure there weren't many ranked teams in the MAC or CUSA for UCF to play and even if there were, people would say that they were not "legit ranked".

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I say...... I say it could put the ville into a downward spiral or could make them tighten up and come out guns blazing. I did not answer a darn thing. :blush:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202

Maybe I'm being a homer....but I think USF can beat louisville at home. Two unconventional wins, a bye week, and we play at home? I think we will win. Don't doubt us

Edited by usfdude22