• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

Guest PCBull14

Willie is my guy. This season is lost but I want to give him three years just like we gave Holtz. Its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.

Why is he your guy? I want to look forward to next season but I am having trouble.

Really? if you thought this season was going to be amazing....you don't know your football program. This is the worst roster I can remember USF having and coming off of back to back losing seasons and completely changing the style on both sides of the ball. This system can work anywhere and it will, just sit back and watch. Even with going 0-4 recruits are still putting USF in their top 3, this program will rebound in under three seasons.

All sane Bulls fans knew this season had two outcomes. We would be average at 6-6 or below average at 3-9 etc etc. So far we have taken the 3-9 track, no complaints from me as I expected what exactly has happened. Until we have true linemen it makes do difference what system we run. Skip Holtz destroyed the program and I really want to ask him how he planned on winning with 2 star linemen with no upside potential.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Willie is my guy. This season is lost but I want to give him three years just like we gave Holtz. Its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.

Why is he your guy? I want to look forward to next season but I am having trouble.

Really? if you thought this season was going to be amazing....you don't know your football program. This is the worst roster I can remember USF having and coming off of back to back losing seasons and completely changing the style on both sides of the ball. This system can work anywhere and it will, just sit back and watch. Even with going 0-4 recruits are still putting USF in their top 3, this program will rebound in under three seasons.

All sane Bulls fans knew this season had two outcomes. We would be average at 6-6 or below average at 3-9 etc etc. So far we have taken the 3-9 track, no complaints from me as I expected what exactly has happened. Until we have true linemen it makes do difference what system we run. Skip Holtz destroyed the program and I really want to ask him how he planned on winning with 2 star linemen with no upside potential.

Well said.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Jim Harbaugh went 4-8 and 5-7 his first two years at Standford

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I would be a little more excited about CWT had he at least beaten the cream puffs on our schedule (namely, McNeese St and FAU). I knew this would be a down year but I expected those to be wins. In short, I don't think it's unreasonable to expects wins against those teams, even in a rebuilding year and even with questionable talent.

That said, he gets at least three years. The damage is done. I sincerely hope he rights the ship because if he can't we may be in for a decade of bad football.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would be a little more excited about CWT had he at least beaten the cream puffs on our schedule (namely, McNeese St and FAU). I knew this would be a down year but I expected those to be wins. In short, I don't think it's unreasonable to expects wins against those teams, even in a rebuilding year and even with questionable talent.

That said, he gets at least three years. The damage is done. I sincerely hope he rights the ship because if he can't we may be in for a decade of bad football.

McNeese State was ranked #9 in the country last week before losing to the #5 team. They have a 4 year starter at QB. They have a roster filled with guys that left LSU, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, etc.

not sure why people think they are a cupcake. the top of d 1-aa is loaded with transfers from much better programs than ours.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There is no chance he'll be fired.  For one it wouldn't be fire but more importantly we couldn't afford it.  I think he needs to get this team headed in the right direction this year or we will see a tremendous drop in support next year.  But he probably could go 0-24 and not get fired.

If he goes 0-24 then there won't be a program left to fire him.

This year he gets a pass... next season he won't. If we don't improve to atleast .500 then I can guarantee that Taggart will be on his way out. If memory serves me right he has a 3 year contract, which should give him 3 years to proove himself. Hopefuly Woolard does not screw up again and give him an extension.

To answer the question... I don't think that Taggart can win with USF and I think we should had gone with another coaching candidate.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

To answer the question... I don't think that Taggart can win with USF and I think we should had gone with another coaching candidate.

You must have Biff Tannen's Sports Almanac to know this.  How's ol' Doc Emmett Brown doing?  

Guest PCBull14

McNeese has more talent then us...go take a look at their roster my friend. FAU is probably on par with us right now and we had that game, if not for some untimely turnovers I think we actually pull that win out. We are moving in the right direction that is all we can hope for at this point. Coach T is giving his all to win here. I could only imagine what it must feel like to want to win so bad at your home University and just don't have the horses to compete week in and week out.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

There is no chance he'll be fired.  For one it wouldn't be fire but more importantly we couldn't afford it.  I think he needs to get this team headed in the right direction this year or we will see a tremendous drop in support next year.  But he probably could go 0-24 and not get fired.

If he goes 0-24 then there won't be a program left to fire him.

This year he gets a pass... next season he won't. If we don't improve to atleast .500 then I can guarantee that Taggart will be on his way out. If memory serves me right he has a 3 year contract, which should give him 3 years to proove himself. Hopefuly Woolard does not screw up again and give him an extension.

he has a 5 year contract.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

he has a 5 year contract.

Correct, and if they were to fire him after next year, they'd be paying him, Holtz AND a 3rd football coach.  And making less $ in the new AAC.  And losing more fans.  And starting a whole new rebuilding process.  

Face it folks.  We're stuck with CWT for the foreseeable future, and I do have faith that he'll turn it around eventually.  Doesn't mean that it won't feel like a trip to the dentist for a tooth extraction every game for a while.