• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets start a suggestion thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

If you could have 30 min with Coach T, what would you say.  Here are my thoughts: (hypothetically)

Offense:

We need more screen plays, especially with a QB who gives away the ball under pressure. This will help to stop a blitz

Go back to using the TE more across the middle, like the first score in the FAU game.

Have the QB use the shotgun more in pressure situations

Play action, but try throwing deep a few more times.  Even if we dont complete, it still makes the secondary respect it a bit more.  

Use some trick plays, they do work.

Defense:

No suggestions 

Please dont turn this into a hate thread, its just for fun.  Every other thread is so depressing.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Play as many true and redshirt freshman as are physically and mentally ready to go. Let them take their lumps now and get in-game experience, which beats any scout-team reps they might be taking

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Keep playing Bench and Shaw.  Play the freshmen and those you want to build into the players you want that will fit the system he is trying to bring here.   

Sit those who don't play with heart , don't give 100%.    (Even seniors). You want to play than you better step it up, perform, not quit and give 100%. 

Look within the coaching(Coordinators) to see if any changes need to be made and don't be afraid to pull the trigger or let friendship or pride get in the way.

Stop with the Catchy phrases and concentrate on building for the future. 

Spend every second you can/ are allowed in  recruiting, selling the program, and getting them to commit.

Show improvement each game( not  as concerned with Wins and losses this season) just show improvement and the wins will come. 

Change the culture on the team and within the AD. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

There is nothing you can say to him, he needs to be given the proper time and patience to rebuild this program.

He's in front of a "snowball of suck" that started growing in 2010 with the firing of Leavitt, and has now grown to the size of the watertower in front of the USF Federal Credit Union.

Watertower_usf_tampa.jpg

College football is not like the NFL, players rotate in and rotate out on a yearly basis as they graduate from high school, and graduate from USF.

This is not his fault, nor has he been giving the ample amount of time needed to do much of anything with this program, which has been left in shambles for him to try to fix up. 

You can't expect a CEO to bring a company from negative earnings to profitability in a couple months. You can't expect a brand new football coach, to step foot into a failing program, and have him turn it around in a couple months.

What Taggart, and the players need, is love and support. Not negativity, not constant negative criticism, not hate comments, they need to know, that we are with them through this rebuilding process.

This could EASILY end up being a winless season. If you aren't prepared to handle that emotionally, I'd suggest you find something else to watch on Saturdays. 

I like what he is doing so far, and I definitely think he is the right man for this job. I was there in 1998 when he put it on USF as the QB of WKU, he was awesome to watch

c4s_taggart080413_11250716_8col.jpg

Let this man do the job we are paying him to do. Stop expecting miracles overnight, embrace the horror of how far the program has sank since Jim Leavitt was fired. Taggart is a winner, he has proved that both on the field as a star quarterback, and he's proven that as a coach. This is a man that the players will grow to respect, and will play hard for him.

You just need to give him the time, and the patience he needs to fix the damage done to this program in the past 3 years, then start the program on the course needed to fit his coaching and recruiting style.

Edited by MikePhillips
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I suggest Brad put a section into our profiles where we can show the exact amount of $ given to USF so it's easier to establish who is actually a true fan.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would tell Tag that he needs to start  coaching... we don't have a power running team, so its pointless to run a power Standord like running plan is pointless. He needs to coach and work up a routine that our current players can win with.

There is no excuse for losing to FAU and McNeese... those losses come down to coaching.

There is no excuse for not being able to beat McNeese, FAU.... I'll give tag a pass on these two losses, but going forward he should not be given a "pass" if we lose to UConn, Memphis, or SMU.

We have talent on our team, and by that I mean that we have enough talent on our team to beat McNeese, FAU, UConn, Memphis, and SMU.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I suggest Brad put a section into our profiles where we can show the exact amount of $ given to USF so it's easier to establish who is actually a true fan.

That's right! Actually, I think USF should only have one fan and that should be the person who has given the most money - everyone else is a "wannabe" USF fan and should be looked upon as a "lesser" fan.

If that's too exclusionary then how about a completely arbitrary amount to determine the "real" fans from those that give some money but cannot be trusted to be "real" fans because they don't spend as much as everyone else!

I like that. The Mendoza line of fandom. Is it a flat number or are we going to use percent of income? Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150

Jtrue sorry but how much I do or do not donate to the program has nothing to do with how much of a fan I am.  I was there in 97 for the 1st game as a soph and have been a season ticket holder until this year.  I have donate not only money in the past, but my time.  How dare you say who is or isnt a true fan.  I have read you negative comments over and over and over...my friend (i use the term loosely) that is not a true fan.  A true fan loves and supports their team through the good and the bad.  They cheer whether they win or lose as that is what true fans do.  They support the program when they are rebuilding while dreaming of better days to come.  A true fan is not one to negatively comment of every little thing that goes wrong, a true fan does not boo his team, a true fan shows up rain or shine, cheers with all they have no matter what. 

I am sick and tired of all the negative and complaining.  Yes the team is down.  We are rebuilding get over it.  It may take 2-3 years to get the virus of skip holtz's effect out of USF but it will happen and CWT is the man to do it.  Thank you Mike as you get it.  I just wish more "fans" got it.  We are not Alabama, Florida, Texas, USC, we are USF a 16 year old program that is rebuilding for the first time and as much as it sucks it is a process.  Deal with it as a true fan would and support your team in any way you can.  Cheer loud, look for the progress, the little steps each week that show you what this program can be.

just my 2 cent

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150

I would tell Tag that he needs to start  coaching... we don't have a power running team, so its pointless to run a power Standord like running plan is pointless. He needs to coach and work up a routine that our current players can win with.

There is no excuse for losing to FAU and McNeese... those losses come down to coaching.

There is no excuse for not being able to beat McNeese, FAU.... I'll give tag a pass on these two losses, but going forward he should not be given a "pass" if we lose to UConn, Memphis, or SMU.

We have talent on our team, and by that I mean that we have enough talent on our team to beat McNeese, FAU, UConn, Memphis, and SMU.

Sorry Bubba but our total talent level is not there.  Skip left the cupboard pretty bare.  We have about 10-15 guys that Skip brought in whether walkon or on schollie that would make a D1 team.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

lots of good suggestions so far

more coaching dbs is needed

tackling needs to improve

coach t cant have head buried in play chart-----he needs to coach and lead