• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard has to go ASAP.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Woolard hired Skip, who had done well at ECU. He fired him after a couple bad seasons. he's brought in Taggart who everyone is in love with. he has nothing to do with this team outside of that. People are idiots.

That is absolutely ridiculous. ADs do not just hire coaches. They set the tone for the entire department, and right now this department is a complete shambles. USF is completely hopeless as long as people keep thinking the way you're thinking.
I work for an AD. I know what they do. He's done everything you'd expect a AD to do
Is there an expectation that the AD do those things well, or is it okay just to do them with no accountability for the results of those actions?
Hold him accountable in 2 years when we see how well Willie is doing...

What about the three years under Holtz? No accountability for that I suppose?

it was the $2.5M extension that shouldcost him his job.

If the department becomes financially drained, agreed. That decision didn't effect his decision to can Holtz when he needed to though

he fired him 6 months after an extension that cost a oprogram hat has no money to spare $2.5M.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Woolard hired Skip, who had done well at ECU. He fired him after a couple bad seasons. he's brought in Taggart who everyone is in love with. he has nothing to do with this team outside of that. People are idiots.

That is absolutely ridiculous. ADs do not just hire coaches. They set the tone for the entire department, and right now this department is a complete shambles. USF is completely hopeless as long as people keep thinking the way you're thinking.
I work for an AD. I know what they do. He's done everything you'd expect a AD to do
Is there an expectation that the AD do those things well, or is it okay just to do them with no accountability for the results of those actions?
What about the three years under Holtz? No accountability for that I suppose?
Absolute accountability. He fired him first chance he had...

No no, I mean is Woolard not accountable for the hiring of Holtz? This isn't a whiteboard where you can erase one name and write in another and think no one will notice 3 years of failure.

Holtz seemed like a great hire at the time...I don't think many we're against it.

Yes. Facilities. Booster contributions. Have improved. People act like he walked into a gold mine...

• Upvote 1

Yes. He has. I'm not ashamed to say it. Are there ADs who could do better? Probably. No matter what the hindsight is Skip was a good hire that had a lot of people excited.

Yes. Facilities. Booster contributions. Have improved. People act like he walked into a gold mine...

facilities have been upgraded all over the country. that's more a function of low interest rates then it is ADs.

Booster contributions are around $3.5M per year for USF. Can't imagine they've gone up all that mcuh under Woolard.

Yes. He has. I'm not ashamed to say it. Are there ADs who could do better? Probably. No matter what the hindsight is Skip was a good hire that had a lot of people excited.

Please do not procreate.

What would changing the AD have done? You think most ADs wouldn't have hired Skip?

Some people are insanely irrational right now. I'm going to step away.

Please do not procreate.
What would changing the AD have done? You think most ADs wouldn't have hired Skip?

Thank you. Don't expose your stupidity anymore.

No one has been able to give ANY reason why Woolard has done a bad job outside of the extension.

So think about that stupidity tag.

Please do not procreate.

Thank you. Don't expose your stupidity anymore.

No one has been able to give ANY reason why Woolard has done a bad job outside of the extension.

So think about that stupidity tag.

ADs are overrated. they get blamed for bad hires and praised for good ones. they're all a crapshoot.

fact is facilties all over the country have been upgraded and I doubt contributions have increased all that much under Woolard.

save the $700k (in fact dock him $500k to pay Holtz) and put it towards funding the programs.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Are you sure that the AD you work for isn't actually Woolard? He walked into USF when it had loads of potential and they've capitalized on virtually none of it. There are no results to point to and it doesn't look like there are going to be any results any time soon. If that's what a good job looks like to you, I want to come work wherever you work because that's the cushiest place to work in the world.

Edited by Jamie

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

He'll be taking his golden parachute by then. We can't let him have two more years.

It's not just football either. Look at how little momentum carried forward from the basketball team going to the NCAA tournament. It was the same lethargic crowd in a nicer building. And speaking of no accountability, how long do we let Lelo miss the NCAAs before he's finally gone? He's on 8 years and counting, and that's the easiest sport on campus to do well in.

Doug has set a tone of mediocrity and indifference. That's why UCF has blown past us as a department on his watch.

only football is better....