• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I just got dumber having read that statement.

right. players have nothing to do with success. it's all about the scheme and game management. saban could beat skip with 1-aa talent vs alabama talent because he is such a great coach.

saban builds a great program because he is a relentless recruiter. he runs a vanilla offense and an ordinary defense but he does it with superior talent.

His defense is the most complex in the country. That's per the VT OC, not some fan on a message board.

https://twitter.com/andybittervt/status/361994555702255617

Bull94 thinks the 49ers and Eagles paid for recruiting skills.
not sure I understand that at all.

Explain why Harbaugh and Kelly were given NFL jobs if recruiting was their reason for success?

because they won.

why did saban and petrino and spurrier not succeed at the pro level?

like I said earlier, kelly is an innovator. not many coaches are though.

right. players have nothing to do with success. it's all about the scheme and game management. saban could beat skip with 1-aa talent vs alabama talent because he is such a great coach.

saban builds a great program because he is a relentless recruiter. he runs a vanilla offense and an ordinary defense but he does it with superior talent.

His defense is the most complex in the country. That's per the VT OC, not some fan on a message board.

coming from an OC that put up 15 against ecu. the same defense that held old dominion to 38.

saban isn't only winning because of his schemes.

Who said he was? Its not just one thing. Saying that anything he does is "simple" is very inaccurate. He wins because he pays attention to EVERYTHING and hammers it home. He is the most prepared coach in football. So what you think is simple, to him he's dissected and gone over repeatedly until that simple thing is very complex and known inside and out. Madden said he went to a seminar held by Lombardi. It was on ONE PLAY and lasted ALL DAY.

It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters. Paul "Bear" Bryant, I Ain't Never Been Nothing but a Winner

he runs base defenses that everyone else runs. he runs it with superior talent. yes he has an attention for detail but without the talent it doesn't matter.

I am not sure why you bring anything up about Alabama at all. You should probably look at a school/program closer to USF like UCF for your ideas.

we were talking schemes. not sure why I need to talk about ucf. alabama doesn't run complex schemes and they have been quite successful. they just execute better in part because they have superior talent.

How could you not? Their talent level is a lot closer to USF's than Alabama. They obviously have looked around at what works and incorporated it into their schemes. USF isn't loaded with 5 star athletes like Alabama but it is loaded with lots of kids of the same talent level and with athletes that played with and against USF players in high school and they have been winning for years now.

again we're talking about scheme. pretty much everyone runs a 3-4, 4-3, nickel and dime. it just so happens saban runs it better due to the talent he has. I bet the same is true of o'leary. give me that bortles kid anyday over our QBs.

Blake Bortles stat line against penn state yesterday in the win.

20-27 (74%) 288 yards 3 TD 1 int

Bench against FAU

8-23(37%) 128 yards 1 TD 1 int

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Explain why Harbaugh and Kelly were given NFL jobs if recruiting was their reason for success?

because they won.

And Harbaugh is just lucky to have the team he does?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

coming from an OC that put up 15 against ecu. the same defense that held old dominion to 38.

saban isn't only winning because of his schemes.

Who said he was? Its not just one thing. Saying that anything he does is "simple" is very inaccurate. He wins because he pays attention to EVERYTHING and hammers it home. He is the most prepared coach in football. So what you think is simple, to him he's dissected and gone over repeatedly until that simple thing is very complex and known inside and out. Madden said he went to a seminar held by Lombardi. It was on ONE PLAY and lasted ALL DAY.

It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters. Paul "Bear" Bryant, I Ain't Never Been Nothing but a Winner

he runs base defenses that everyone else runs. he runs it with superior talent. yes he has an attention for detail but without the talent it doesn't matter.

I am not sure why you bring anything up about Alabama at all. You should probably look at a school/program closer to USF like UCF for your ideas.

we were talking schemes. not sure why I need to talk about ucf. alabama doesn't run complex schemes and they have been quite successful. they just execute better in part because they have superior talent.

How could you not? Their talent level is a lot closer to USF's than Alabama. They obviously have looked around at what works and incorporated it into their schemes. USF isn't loaded with 5 star athletes like Alabama but it is loaded with lots of kids of the same talent level and with athletes that played with and against USF players in high school and they have been winning for years now.

again we're talking about scheme. pretty much everyone runs a 3-4, 4-3, nickel and dime. it just so happens saban runs it better due to the talent he has. I bet the same is true of o'leary. give me that bortles kid anyday over our QBs.

Those aren't schemes, those are formations.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Not having been a college football fan till USF got a team (were it a factor I would have gone to Florida in the early 90s), I have to ask, "How can a coach effectively recruit with a 0-12 record? " I don't care what vision you have, it's got to be hard to sell a kid on the great things your program is doing with a record like that.

The program has been set so far back it's sickening . I was on the lines fighting for a team and recall the excitement when it was announced. 

Historically, have any teams gone from winless to champions... and how long did it take? My sense is that the road back could be longer than the initial building process.

Not having been a college football fan till USF got a team (were it a factor I would have gone to Florida in the early 90s), I have to ask, "How can a coach effectively recruit with a 0-12 record? " I don't care what vision you have, it's got to be hard to sell a kid on the great things your program is doing with a record like that.

The program has been set so far back it's sickening . I was on the lines fighting for a team and recall the excitement when it was announced. 

Historically, have any teams gone from winless to champions... and how long did it take? My sense is that the road back could be longer than the initial building process.

O'Leary went 0-12 his first year at UCF. they just beat Penn State on the road yesterday to go 3-0. I think he has won 1 or 2 ?? conference championships as well.

because they won.

And Harbaugh is just lucky to have the team he does?

again I don't understand. he has more talent than less successful teams yes. NFL is completely different than college though. I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make.

http://football.about.com/cs/a/defformations.htm

A defensive formation can be defined as a predetermined allignment of defensive players on the field. 

Its what he does out of those formations that's considered complex, ie his schemes.  For instance you can run a zone out of any formation, and there are all kinds of zones.

Edited by slick1ru2

delete

Edited by slick1ru2