• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

Having watched Taggart rebuild WKU in the SBC, I can tell you that he is a good coach and will turn you around. It will take time guys. Coach Pelini had to change the culture at FAU and i'm sure Taggart will have to do the same at USF. It's not gonna be easy for this year and probably next but the turn around will come.

Edited by OwlFamily

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We deserve to win games.

We don't deserve anything.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's okay to to say Taggart has sucked.

It's stupid to call for his head.

the guy's not a revolutionary. he's not going to advance college football offense or defense by leaps and bounds. most coaches won't.

his system isn't all that complicated. I don't care about the shifting and motion.

the problem is it needs to be executed like any other system by superior talent  and it's not.

I believe his recruiting will be off the charts for us.

I believe there is a quote that goes something like "it's the jimmys and joes not the xs and os"

harbaugh went 4-8 his first year at stanford. his scheme isn't ground breaking either. he needed the talent to run it.

I didn't expect Taggart to come in and set the world on fire. anybody who did didn't watch us go 3-9 last year with an NFL QB that is no longer here.

Fast food mentality, wants it NOW.

It's always you jerks, who don't travel, don't go to home games, don't contribute as a donor who are on here incessantly saying we need to accept mediocrity.  You "fans" (what joke and why is in quotes) aren't really fans, you're just internet forum contrarians.  Oh, and you sicken me with your acceptance of mediocrity.  Chumps.

I'm new to the board, and I generally prefer to read and not post.  But you, sir, are the kind of fan that disgusts me.  Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a true fan? 

I have missed very few home games since I moved to Tampa in '06 to go to USF.  I have traveled to many road games, including bowls and our historic win against Auburn.  I am a season ticket holder who lives 2 hours away from Ray J and still drives for every single game, including the recent debacles.  So I think I qualify as a "true fan."    But I think you are dead wrong.  Woolard has made some mistakes.  But at the time, the Skip Holtz hire seemed like a good hire.  It turned out terrible.  The contract extension was definitely a mistake, but at least he had the cajones to man-up and bite the bullet in firing Holtz.  I think the Taggart hire is an excellent one, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know for absolute sure right now.  Bear Bryant himself could not have turned this program around in 3 games.  Taggart is a football coach, not a god.  I have faith that he will turn things around, but it will take time.  I'm not expecting a miracle this year, but that is not the same as accepting mediocrity.  That's called having the wisdom and maturity to know that building greatness does not happen overnight.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but attacking others who do not agree with you from behind a keyboard is cowardly and ignorant.  If you are so intelligent and know all of the answers, then why aren't you a coach, athletic director or sports journalist somewhere?  Why are you wasting god-given insight on a message board?  Everyone is frustrated with what is going on, and we all come here to vent our frustration.  But to attack the fans is so bush league. 

excellent post.

I, for one, think Taggart's strength lies in his recruiting ability.

he's not chip kelly. he won't develop a revolutionary offensive scheme. not many coaches are. not even Nick Saban or Jim Harboaugh.

He needs a chance to get top talent in here to execute his system. Harbaugh went 4-8 his first year at Stanford.

these aren't system guys. they need the talent and I think Taggart will be an unbelievable recruiter. Unfortunately our last coach was more concerned with his golf game than he was our recruiting. It's going to take time.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So as long as CWT has a team with an overwhelming talent advantage, we're in good shape? That's reassuring.

Fast food mentality, wants it NOW.

AGREED

I would think you of all people would not view beating an FCS and FAU as wanting it all NOW. My how things have changed at USF where getting your asses beat at home by the likes of McNeese St. and FAU and 0-12 on the horizon is completely acceptable.

no one thinks it's acceptable. getting mad about reality does nothing to change it. we don't have the players to win now. no not even against the likes of mcneese state and fau. holtz was more concerned with his golf game than he was with recruiting. when he did bother to show up at a high school game it was usually robinson, jesuit or tampa catholic. not exactly hot beds of major college football talent.

So as long as CWT has a team with an overwhelming talent advantage, we're in good shape? That's reassuring.

that's how it works in college football. hell that's how it works in football period.

you think harbaugh did anything revolutionary scheme wise at stanford? what about saban? no they won because they had more talneted football players.

nowhere did I say overwhelming and yes we need better players to win.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

CWT will turn things but not till we purge the roster of what Holtz recruited. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

When I woke this morning it hit me what this reminds me of,

hudson-aliens.jpg

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

is certifiably brain dead.  There is absolutely NO WAY we should have lost to FAU at home.  The defense is trash under Bresnahan, fire him.  The offense is predictable and the offensive line coach should receive his walking papers.  Even Holtz could have gotten more out of these Bulls and beaten FAU at home. Taggart is nothing right now but hey, he's digging a hole to China and asking us to pay watching it.  Say what you will about smazza, but that SOB is making money while the rest of us tear up about the state of USF football.  Woolard should be fired tomorrow.  That's the ONLY way this season is going to be salvaged.  I'm talking with every high level donor I know to have Woolard gone from this University, he's not USF and he's ruined USF football.  

P.S. I just got back home from the devastation at Raymond James.................stayed to the bloody end of that garbage.

this sob(i take that as a compliment) has made a small fortune over last 3 years betting against usf(i lost notre dame game)

woolard should have been fired long ago

usf lost musical chair game of getting into a big conference and that may be the death knell for the program

in all fairness to willie t he needs at least 2 more years to recruit his  players

he has brains to put in bench

coach mazza would have named bench starter day he transfered and would have given him all the reps with top team