• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The AD's job is beyond winning championships. For one thing, ITS A SCHOOL, not an NFL franchise.Their mission is EDUCATION.

Your ignorance is just DUMBFOUNDING.

So you don't think that the AD's job has the responsibility of providing and administrating programs that allow for the academic success of student-athletes?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Fast food mentality, wants it NOW.

AGREED

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

AGREED

I would think you of all people would not view beating an FCS and FAU as wanting it all NOW. My how things have changed at USF where getting your asses beat at home by the likes of McNeese St. and FAU and 0-12 on the horizon is completely acceptable.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

We are one of the worst teams in college football now

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937

I thought our defense played well. .. turnovers and penalties led to bad situations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

I'm sensing frustration?  Perhaps even anger?

I LOL'd ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The AD's job is beyond winning championships. For one thing, ITS A SCHOOL, not an NFL franchise.Their mission is EDUCATION.

Your ignorance is just DUMBFOUNDING.

So you don't think that the AD's job has the responsibility of providing and administrating programs that allow for the academic success of student-athletes?

The academic success is the responsibility of the President, Trustees, and the faculty. The AD's job is to succeed at Athletics. That is the ONLY reason the position is there. (Yes, graduating athletes is part of that.)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

AGREED

I would think you of all people would not view beating an FCS and FAU as wanting it all NOW. My how things have changed at USF where getting your asses beat at home by the likes of McNeese St. and FAU and 0-12 on the horizon is completely acceptable.

I do not want to join the argument, and take a stance on the broader discussion. But, your specific point is valid. There is a difference between simply rebuilding as a reasonably analyzed past USF, and getting humiliated by an FCS team and FAU at home-with no safe expectation for even a 1-11 record. Merely wining those games is not the equivalent to a road to a BCS Bowl.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

It's always you jerks, who don't travel, don't go to home games, don't contribute as a donor who are on here incessantly saying we need to accept mediocrity.  You "fans" (what joke and why is in quotes) aren't really fans, you're just internet forum contrarians.  Oh, and you sicken me with your acceptance of mediocrity.  Chumps.

I'm new to the board, and I generally prefer to read and not post.  But you, sir, are the kind of fan that disgusts me.  Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a true fan? 

I have missed very few home games since I moved to Tampa in '06 to go to USF.  I have traveled to many road games, including bowls and our historic win against Auburn.  I am a season ticket holder who lives 2 hours away from Ray J and still drives for every single game, including the recent debacles.  So I think I qualify as a "true fan."    But I think you are dead wrong.  Woolard has made some mistakes.  But at the time, the Skip Holtz hire seemed like a good hire.  It turned out terrible.  The contract extension was definitely a mistake, but at least he had the cajones to man-up and bite the bullet in firing Holtz.  I think the Taggart hire is an excellent one, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know for absolute sure right now.  Bear Bryant himself could not have turned this program around in 3 games.  Taggart is a football coach, not a god.  I have faith that he will turn things around, but it will take time.  I'm not expecting a miracle this year, but that is not the same as accepting mediocrity.  That's called having the wisdom and maturity to know that building greatness does not happen overnight.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but attacking others who do not agree with you from behind a keyboard is cowardly and ignorant.  If you are so intelligent and know all of the answers, then why aren't you a coach, athletic director or sports journalist somewhere?  Why are you wasting god-given insight on a message board?  Everyone is frustrated with what is going on, and we all come here to vent our frustration.  But to attack the fans is so bush league. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

It's a shame that a losing season causes fans to snap at each other. It really doesn't matter who is 'more of a' fan when the team is struggling. However, we should all lend our support and continue to demand better from our staff and players. We deserve to win games. 

I want to win, and I want Taggart to turn our program around. We are all nervous about the AAC competition after the Miami game, but we need to face facts. The team is broken, and will remain that way until next season. I want our players to build up experience and continue to get on stage and preform. I want to see USF Football!