• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former USF TE Evan Landi signs with greatest NFL team ever... PATS!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Landi runs 4.87-4.89. Quarter of a second is an eternity in the NFL, especially since he doesn't have the chops to make it as a blocking TE. I love Landi but would be shocked to see him hang on.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Unless i am missig what you are saying, I don't see how they are comparable at all. Welker isn't nearly as slow as Landi. The size difference between the two is also enormous. About the only similarity is that they are both white.

If you think Landi is even in the same universe as Welker, I have some land in the Everglades to sell you.

Welker's speed has always been poo-pooed. I think a 4.6 WR is comparable speed wise to a 4.7 TE when they both have good hands and can manipulate coverage. I said that Landi is a journeyman. Google what that means. Welker is a master, but also been in the NFL for years. Give Landi a chance with the right coaching and he is going to be a great TE.

Are ya'll seriously comparing Landi to one of the best slot WR's to ever play in the NFL?

Welker's speed has always been poo? His straight line speed isn't great but his cuts and change of direction speed are crazy good. Welker's average 40 was 4.61. Landi came in at 4.87. Landi is the slowest TE on the Patriots roster. Welker also has a faster shuttle, 3 cone, a longer broad jump, and nearly identical vertical jump. It's asinine to compare the two.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Possession WRs/TEs don't need to be fast, they just need to be able to get over the 1st down marker and catch the **** ball.  Crazy as this may sound:  I'm with slick on this one. Whoever says Landi's hands are good are thinking of a different Evan Landi at USF.   

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

But Landi isn't just not fast, he is slow, even for a tight end. He's got good hands but was never more than an average player at the college level. I just don't see it, but I hope you guys are right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

Possession WRs/TEs don't need to be fast, they just need to be able to get over the 1st down marker and catch the **** ball.  Crazy as this may sound:  I'm with slick on this one. Whoever says Landi's hands are good are thinking of a different Evan Landi at USF.   

Didn't slick say Evan had good hands?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sorry. I mistyped.  The line should read:

Whoever says Landi's hands AREN'T good are thinking of a different Evan Landi at USF.  

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

But Landi isn't just not fast, he is slow, even for a tight end. He's got good hands but was never more than an average player at the college level. I just don't see it, but I hope you guys are right.

Go and watch the highlights. He is standing in the end zone with guys all over him catching ball after ball.

Unless i am missig what you are saying, I don't see how they are comparable at all. Welker isn't nearly as slow as Landi. The size difference between the two is also enormous. About the only similarity is that they are both white.

If you think Landi is even in the same universe as Welker, I have some land in the Everglades to sell you.

Welker's speed has always been poo-pooed. I think a 4.6 WR is comparable speed wise to a 4.7 TE when they both have good hands and can manipulate coverage. I said that Landi is a journeyman. Google what that means. Welker is a master, but also been in the NFL for years. Give Landi a chance with the right coaching and he is going to be a great TE.

Are ya'll seriously comparing Landi to one of the best slot WR's to ever play in the NFL?

Welker's speed has always been poo? His straight line speed isn't great but his cuts and change of direction speed are crazy good. Welker's average 40 was 4.61. Landi came in at 4.87. Landi is the slowest TE on the Patriots roster. Welker also has a faster shuttle, 3 cone, a longer broad jump, and nearly identical vertical jump. It's asinine to compare the two.

Welker is at the WR position. They don't put LBs on WRs in man because they run 4.6. And I've read more place than one that Landi's low 40 was 4.76.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Evan Landi will go down, in a rich history I might add, of misused players. 

Kid could've been a star in college.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Evan Landi will go down, in a rich history I might add, of misused players. 

Kid could've been a star in college.

I think he was underused. He did get to play 3 different positions and if you look at the highlights, BJ knew he was a sure bet to catch what was thrown his way.  He would have excelled in a system that featured short passes to the TE.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719

comparing Evan Landi, who has excellent hands, to Wes "SuperBowl Drop" Welker is ridiculous. they're both slow and white, but that's the end of the comparison.