• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

athletes can sue ncaa and game maker

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Who really gives a **** in a video game if the animated figure somewhat resembles a player?  Is that what gaming has come to?

Tecmo Bowl didn't need that crap.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Who really gives a **** in a video game if the animated figure somewhat resembles a player?  Is that what gaming has come to?

Tecmo Bowl didn't need that crap.

Bet it makes you long for the old days?

vibrating-football.jpg?w=252&h=250

Loved that, as erratic and random as it was.

P.S. that QB figure resembles Cincinnati's backup Dustin Grutza. I hope he has an attorney.

P.S. that QB figure resembles Cincinnati's backup Dustin Grutza. I hope he has an attorney.

It was late and I was tired. Didn't you have one of those as a kid? I did. The teams sucked, I think I had the Packers and Giants and I was a die hard Fin fan back then.

I really don't see how they say the players in the game look exactly alike. There are 3 skin tones and like 30 faces for each skin tone. Same goes with coaches, but I think there are even less choices. How in the world can they come to the conclusion they all look like the real life counterpart when you have hundreds of players sharing the same face?

This is

ncaa13-gameplay1.jpg

Is supposed to be him

7_595271.jpg

It was late and I was tired. Didn't you have one of those as a kid? I did. The teams sucked, I think I had the Packers and Giants and I was a die hard Fin fan back then.

I really don't see how they say the players in the game look exactly alike. There are 3 skin tones and like 30 faces for each skin tone. Same goes with coaches, but I think there are even less choices. How in the world can they come to the conclusion they all look like the real life counterpart when you have hundreds of players sharing the same face?

Lawyers

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If I'm not mistaken, right up until last year they had the player's number, class year, height, weight, and hometown all aligned to go with a semi-generic face. In advance of this lawsuit they mix up the faces (but not color) a bit and change the hometown.

Edited by JTrue

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wow. You guys have no understanding what this lawsuit is about. It is about after you graduate or leave campus and the ability to upload "all time greats" but those all timers are not paid a dime for their likenesses. Why? Because those scholarship papers say the NCAA owns your likeness for all time. On the surface that just seems wrong.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did anyone pay Abraham Lincoln's family for the use of his likeness in the movie Lincoln? A lot of money was made off of him and it wouldn't be fair for to create a fictional version of a real live person for entertainment purposes and financial gain.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Did anyone pay Abraham Lincoln's family for the use of his likeness in the movie Lincoln? A lot of money was made off of him and it wouldn't be fair for to create a fictional version of a real live person for entertainment purposes and financial gain.

i don't think there are any left