• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George Selvie is Looking Good

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Some USF love from Dungy

Should have mentioned that George lined up opposite JPP while here ... Collinsworth had an absolute man crush on him the first Sunday night game he played.

I was amazed that they held back from pointing that out.

Another thing I was amazed by, unless I missed it, how do you put the camera on Mike Sherman, talk about him briefly, with no mention of the HOF inductee Sapp? .... unless they were just going for the warm and fuzzy on a day like that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

empty.giflogo-sportsday.jpg

Dallas Cowboys DE George Selvie makes impression with two sacks in first preseason game against Miami Dolphins By Brandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com

CANTON, Ohio — Two weeks ago, defensive end George Selvie was out of a job. He did his best Sunday to make sure that won’t be the case come September.

“I’m just grateful for the opportunity,” he said.

The Dallas Cowboys signed Selvie off the street on July 24, and the former South Florida standout was all over the field against Miami. Selvie, playing the same spot as DeMarcus Ware, had two sacks and constantly pressured the quarterback.

“Selvie had a heck of a night,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. “He made some plays.”

Selvie’s first sack came on second-and-goal from the 5 against Miami backup quarterback Matt Moore in the second quarter. Moore rolled to his left, and Selvie closed quickly to pull him down for a 14-yard loss.

“It was a boot and I stuck my foot in the ground and I was like man, ‘I have to go out there and get him,’” Selvie said. “I thought he was going to throw it away but he didn’t. I got up looking to see if he threw the ball, but I got up and saw that I got my first sack in the preseason. It was a good feeling.”

Selvie’s second sack came during the Dolphins’ first series of the third quarter. Selvie sacked Miami quarterback Pat Devlin for a 6-yard loss to set up third-and-18.

Selvie, 26, signed with Tampa Bay in April but was released in May. He could help provide some defensive line depth for the Cowboys, who lost key reserve Tyrone Crawford to a season-ending injury in the first practice.

Link

SelvieBullrushThomasHoF.gif

That looks familiar, just a different uniform...

• Upvote 1

Selvie finally playing like he did at USF
Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT

Six years ago, defensive end George Selvie seemed destined for stardom.  As a sophomore at South Florida, Selvie had 14.5 sacks and 31.5 tackles for loss, making him the Big East Defensive Player of the Year.

Selvie’s numbers dropped the next two years, as teams worked extra hard to keep him from wreaking havoc.

The end result was an unimpressed NFL; Selvie slipped to round seven in 2010, and he has bounced around the league ever since, from the Rams to the Panthers to the Jaguars to the Buccaneers.

Signed by the Cowboys after a rash of injuries early in training camp, Selvie could be finding his groove in Monte Kiffin’s defense.  At practice on Thursday, Selvie raised eyebrows with a pair of sacks.

“That’s rare,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “It is a plus. It’s hard to find guys who can come in off the street and do the job.”

Selvie has added to that paid of sacks by getting a pair of sacks in Sunday night’s game against the Dolphins.  The second sack came via a bull-rush mauling of Dolphins left tackle Dallas Thomas.

“George is another guy.....

Rest of report

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone wanna summarize what Dungy said? basically that USF was a good school or that Selvie was great here?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He played at South Florida in Tampa and was familiar with the system (4-3)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

SelvieBullrushThomasHoF.gif

That looks familiar, just a different uniform...

Beautiful play! That's the Selvie we remember

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Love to see good and hard working people exceed! Proud to be a Bull.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Not sure why they would start talking about other USF players unless they were in the game. If they were playing the Giants, sure.  It might be logical for you guys to think so but when was the last time they were talking about a player and started talking about other players in college they played with? I've never heard that.

Edited by slick1ru2