• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Ladies Football Clinic Highlights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just got home from the ladies football clinic.   This year it wasn’t held at the Marshall Center.  Everyone first met at the football practice field to register and get their gift package which included either a gold or green shirt, visor, 2 lanyards and an Under Armor back pack.  A photo of the attendee with Coach was taken, and each lady received a copy of the photo.

We were given a tour of the updated locker room, which is gorgeous.  We were able to try on the pads, helmets and other gear. 

Next stop was the Corral for the clinic, which consisted of offensive and defensive instruction and a box lunch.  Todd Chandler, Bobby Eveld and Ju-Ju Forte were a few of the players present.  The coaches wives and players were present for questions and the coaches were introduced.   Posters were available and players signed them. 

We then went back to the Athletics Center visiting with the strength and conditioning coach in the weight room who gave a lot of interesting information regarding what was going on there regarding the players.  His emphasis, as well as weight and strength training, is focused on prevention of injuries; which we know has been a major concern during the past for the players.  In the football video room Coach Tagg showed part of the playbook, which thank goodness consisted of a lot more than just 4 plays.  It is apparent that what we are going to see this year will be a West Coast offense. 

The culmination of the clinic was back at the football field for a short game between the “gold†and “green†shirted ladies and also an opportunity to use some of the practice equipment.  This poster, however, did not participate as I was wearing flip-flops.  I left shortly thereafter.

It was well worth the $65.00 I spent.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Wow sounds very cool. Any pics? Do they have something like this for the male gender?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thanks for the update Mama. Way to represent!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks for the update Mama...you still sweet on Willie?  I won't tell Howie.  :)

Wow sounds very cool. Any pics? Do they have something like this for the male gender?

Thanks for the update Mama...you still sweet on Willie?  I won't tell Howie.  :)

No pics, sorry.  Didn't have my camera with me.  If you go to the athletics website "GoUSFBulls.Com" you probably will see some posted at some point in time.   I am unaware of any clinic for the guys, but the website probably can give you more info.

Coach is great.  He has a fantastic wife.  Don't worry about Howie, I can handle him.   LOL

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Mamma_Bull is correct. It was a great day. The players seemed to enjoy being at the event, the wives and children were lovely and seemed to want to mix and mingle with the audience, and the practice field and field house are amazing. Everyone on staff was gracious about answering questions. I hope that next year's event is better advertised so that there is better attendance. Julie from Coach's office is going to post pictures from the event, probably on Facebook, and she's considering a FB page just for the ladies clinic to build interest and momentum.

It's beginning to feel a lot like college football...Next up is the Bulls Rally and then, in just over a month, the first home game. Gotta love it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Dying for my wife to go to this, maybe next year.

Dying for my wife to go to this, maybe next year.

Tell her to go.  Aside from the activities, it definitely has me excited for the 2013 season to begin.  The attendees ages ranged in age from early 20's on up, even to including the "Older" ladies like me.  LOL.

Guys, encourage your significant other to attend.  As I said in the initial post, it was well worth the $$ and the time. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

The Mrs. went the first few years of this.  Took a year off this time around.  Maybe a good season will ratchet up the excitement level for her next year.

Edited by CousinRicky