• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer - No, No USF..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Report: Michael Dyer Has Picked A School

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/7/25/4557564/report-michael-dyer-has-picked-a-school

"If you're looking at the schools that Dyer has been linked to over the past couple of weeks, Louisville is really the only one (no offense, South Florida) that fits the description of "a big, D-I school" where he would have the opportunity to "replicate and duplicate." "

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

This is already being talked about on the prospects and potential recruits board. Just saying...

Their fans are just as questionable about him as we are. I just hope some real information comes out soon

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Report: Michael Dyer Has Picked A School

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/7/25/4557564/report-michael-dyer-has-picked-a-school

"If you're looking at the schools that Dyer has been linked to over the past couple of weeks, Louisville is really the only one (no offense, South Florida) that fits the description of "a big, D-I school" where he would have the opportunity to "replicate and duplicate." "

With 2 established, proven backs in Brown and Perry, no way he comes in cold, after a two year layoff and gets enough carries to "replicate and duplicate" at UL.

He has that chance here. We don't have a proven back.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Here's another side to your "Big D-I" school comment pulled from a tweet:

In regards to Michael Dyer use of "big time D1 program" refer to paragraph 4, we hear this all the time at USF http://t.co/QHylJoMfk9

Paragraph 4:

"One thing we're not going to do anymore is sit around and think we're just the little guys on the block, and everyone can just hit us upside our heads. We're not doing that anymore. We're big-time, too. We're a big-time program and that's going to be our mentality. ... We're committed to winning now, and we fear no one."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I still don't want him. Let him be UL's problem.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Here's another side to your "Big D-I" school comment pulled from a tweet:

In regards to Michael Dyer use of "big time D1 program" refer to paragraph 4, we hear this all the time at USF http://t.co/QHylJoMfk9

Paragraph 4:

"One thing we're not going to do anymore is sit around and think we're just the little guys on the block, and everyone can just hit us upside our heads. We're not doing that anymore. We're big-time, too. We're a big-time program and that's going to be our mentality. ... We're committed to winning now, and we fear no one."

I have no doubt CWT wants USF to be big time, but he's not the one who made the comment regarding the offer.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

That's what I was thinking, didn't the reporter say that and not Dyer?

That's what I was thinking, didn't the reporter say that and not Dyer?

Yep. So it's just a matter of what the reporter's idea of a big school is. Size, reputation, proximity to amusement parks?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

This reporter has no idea what he is talking about. USF is a big, D-I school but every means of the definition. If they had said something like "powerhouse" that would be completely different. Also, I would argue that Dyer has a better chance to "replicate and duplicate" at USF due to Taggert's proven record of a dominant run game.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the article that line references is from July 7 which is before Dyer even visited USF. If he had already picked his school, why would he visit USF?

This reporter has no idea what he is talking about. USF is a big, D-I school but every means of the definition. If they had said something like "powerhouse" that would be completely different. Also, I would argue that Dyer has a better chance to "replicate and duplicate" at USF due to Taggert's proven record of a dominant run game.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the article that line references is from July 7 which is before Dyer even visited USF. If he had already picked his school, why would he visit USF?

Why wouldn't he visit a couple schools just to be sure?