• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Envy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Well, in any case it'll be interesting to see how UTSA's model works out compared to ours. Both schools have rich but competitive recruiting grounds, so you have to wonder how they'll lure the talent. Moving up to CUSA follows our model, and it sounds like (so far) their staff is prepared to get them on the map. Let's see if they can get to a bowl game as fast as we did...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The ACC football championship should probably be in Charlotte every year. They did it in Tampa a few years ago and it was a disaster.  

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

There is also Kennesaw St, in the Atlanta suburbs who is trying to get a program going. They are in SEC/ACC country and have GSU 10 miles away. They may stay in FCS though. But so far that schedule for UTSA so early in their program development, several BCS conference schools, is impressive to me. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Well, in any case it'll be interesting to see how UTSA's model works out compared to ours. Both schools have rich but competitive recruiting grounds, so you have to wonder how they'll lure the talent. Moving up to CUSA follows our model, and it sounds like (so far) their staff is prepared to get them on the map. Let's see if they can get to a bowl game as fast as we did...

I'm thinking with the conference affiliation, they'll probably get there faster ... FAU already got to one faster than we did.

The ACC football championship should probably be in Charlotte every year. They did it in Tampa a few years ago and it was a disaster.  

I think it would be fine in Atlanta. Clemson, Tech are close and its a quick plane ride from Miami and Tallahassee.  The ACC basketball championship did well.  After they build the new stadium, it will make it even more of a draw.

Are they going to tear down the GA Dome when the build the new stadium? If not, there is another venue and Atlanta could be the the big ticket for both the SEC and ACC championship. And I am not sure what's wrong with the Dome, its 6 years older than Ray Jay. Is there a big push to get rid of Ray Jay?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

There is also Kennesaw St, in the Atlanta suburbs who is trying to get a program going. They are in SEC/ACC country and have GSU 10 miles away. They may stay in FCS though. But so far that schedule for UTSA so early in their program development, several BCS conference schools, is impressive to me. 

They obviously have deeper pockets than we did. Looked like most of those "series" were home-and-home, so they're inviting the talent, not being invited.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

ATL getting rid of the Dome is nuts. It's a great sports venue, they just want to host a Super Bowl and don't feel it will happen at the Dome. Not sure why, given the snow storm in Dallas, the issue with the lights in New Orleans, and the upcoming Super Bowl in NYC.

I remember when they were getting ready to pull the Fulton County Stadium my friend said that venue was great, not a bad seat in the house. But the NFL thinks anything over 20 years has to go.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

reeeee-donkulous

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

UTSA will probably catch up to us pretty soon if we don't start winning.

Their coach and program designer has a little more experience than ours.

LarryCoker2.jpg

Yep, so did Bill Curry at GSU but we saw how that turned out.  Although I think Coker is a bit younger than Curry, probably has a little more stamina to run with a startup than Curry did.  

1232903709_samuel-l-jackson-bad-ass-mofo

• Upvote 1