• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you think about CWT's communication rules?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

A Freshman giving  an interview just gives him a big head (IMO) great risk and little to gain. 

If a player shines it is not only his work ethic but also the role of the other 10 players on the field ....

The blocking, tackling, the holes created, the follow thru after the hand off ,.... need I go on..

USF has to be a TEAM first. like Green Bay.. not out standing stars... individuals  giving interviews....

I fully agree with this rule ...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

A Freshman giving  an interview just gives him a big head (IMO) great risk and little to gain. 

If a player shines it is not only his work ethic but also the role of the other 10 players on the field ....

The blocking, tackling, the holes created, the follow thru after the hand off ,.... need I go on..

USF has to be a TEAM first. like Green Bay.. not out standing stars... individuals  giving interviews....

I fully agree with this rule ...

Go Bulls

Come on man, Greg Jennings put the team on his back. LOL. Check that out on YouTube.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

lol, let's hope he doesn't have to do a lot of that at USF.

I understand that he'll have to deal with a few of these types of press conferences, but  I'd be happy hearing accountability, which was absent from the previous coaching regime's conferences, in the event of coaching flubs. Skippy seemed lost out there sometimes.

Oh bullcrap. Holtz said it was on him numerous times including the losing streak and clock management. CWT said his team was "soft" in one of those interviews. That is putting on the team isn't it?

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/usf-bulls-news/2012/10/8/3475564/usf-bulls-skip-holtz

"I'm certainly not trying to pass any blame or trying to wash away that responsibility," Holtz said. "That falls on us. That falls on me as the head football coach."

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/holtz-takes-blame-for-clock-mismanagement-569040

"Hindsight, that one's on me and I take the responsibility and the blame,'' said USF coach Skip Holtz, who was hoping to up the tempo and not allow UM to set up a blitz on Floyd. "I should've called time out. With a young quarterback in play, that's what I should've done. I don't think that was the difference in the game. I knew I had three timeouts, but I didn't want to give them the chance to dial up some of the things they were bringing at our young quarterback."

We get it, your a Skip mark, you'll defend him until your last breath. If you re-read my post, I mention coaching flubs. This means where a coach messes up, i.e. like when Holtz forgot about his timeouts during the Miami game. Holtz wouldn't address those things and just deflect with coach-speak. That's all I'll say about my opinion about Holtz's press conferences, since this thread is about CWT. You can continue to argue by yourself, if you want.

• Downvote 1

lol, let's hope he doesn't have to do a lot of that at USF.

I understand that he'll have to deal with a few of these types of press conferences, but  I'd be happy hearing accountability, which was absent from the previous coaching regime's conferences, in the event of coaching flubs. Skippy seemed lost out there sometimes.

Oh bullcrap. Holtz said it was on him numerous times including the losing streak and clock management. CWT said his team was "soft" in one of those interviews. That is putting on the team isn't it?

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/usf-bulls-news/2012/10/8/3475564/usf-bulls-skip-holtz

"I'm certainly not trying to pass any blame or trying to wash away that responsibility," Holtz said. "That falls on us. That falls on me as the head football coach."

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/holtz-takes-blame-for-clock-mismanagement-569040

"Hindsight, that one's on me and I take the responsibility and the blame,'' said USF coach Skip Holtz, who was hoping to up the tempo and not allow UM to set up a blitz on Floyd. "I should've called time out. With a young quarterback in play, that's what I should've done. I don't think that was the difference in the game. I knew I had three timeouts, but I didn't want to give them the chance to dial up some of the things they were bringing at our young quarterback."

We get it, your a Skip mark, you'll defend him until your last breath. If you re-read my post, I mention coaching flubs. This means where a coach messes up, i.e. like when Holtz forgot about his timeouts during the Miami game. Holtz wouldn't address those things and just deflect with coach-speak. That's all I'll say about my opinion about Holtz's press conferences, since this thread is about CWT. You can continue to argue by yourself, if you want.

You don't get it. I am intolerant of people making crap up. It may be popular to say he didn't take responsibility but he did and you can't even admit he did EVEN AFTER I POST MEDIA INTERVIEWS with him doing it.

I take the responsibility and the blame,'' said USF coach Skip Holtz

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I wouldn't bother, slick .... haters gonna hate.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't bother, slick .... haters gonna hate.

Obviously. I don't care who it is being lied about. IF CWT doesn't do well and takes responsibility and someone says otherwise, I'll point it out. Making up BS because its a popular position is BS itself.  Of course some of that is band wagon and not knowing the details. Reading some posts on here, you'd think that Holtz was the worse coach in history of college football and did nothing at USF but play golf.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe Skip mouthed some words about blame and responsibility, but he never fixed the underlying problem.

So where it mattered, no, he never took responsibility.

Maybe Skip mouthed some words about blame and responsibility, but he never fixed the underlying problem.

Oh so now he said it he but since he couldn't find a way to win didn't mean it? Not buying that at all since the outcome of games has so many factors that laying it on the coach 100% is BS and doesn't take into effect the efforts of coaching staffs and players on both sides of the ball. You know how much he loved the area. He was trying everything he could to win during that losing streak just like any coach does.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Taking responsibility and being able to fix the underlying problem are two separate things .... and 3-9 indicates there was a problem.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Oh so now he said it he but since he couldn't find a way to win didn't mean it? Not buying that at all since the outcome of games has so many factors that laying it on the coach 100% is BS and doesn't take into effect the efforts of coaching staffs and players on both sides of the ball. You know how much he loved the area. He was trying everything he could to win during that losing streak just like any coach does.

He never learned to call a time-out, and his clock management and play-calling skills were atrocious.

He got worse over the season, not better.

He was responsible for fixing it and didn't. Ergo, he didn't take responsibility. He just mouthed some meaningless words.