• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American vs ACC in Military Bowl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Obviously someone cares, they keep coming out with bowls and sponsors keep signing up and ESPN keeps putting them on TV. If it wasn't profitable there would be 10 bowls, half major, half minor. Despite what people say, these bowls are being watched. Come to think of it, I am going to head over to ESPN3 and take one in later today.

It's the outcome of the bowls I was referring to ... 

It was Bull-by-Marriage,who I replied to.

I don't think so ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Better then playing a MWC team... would have preferred the SEC but beggars can't be choosers.

really?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/acc-the-american-reportedly-agree-to-deal-with-military-bowl/

sorry if aleady posted did not see it was looking for it to see what everyone thought

what a match up

aac 3-6- place team    v acc 7-10 place team

pathetic

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Obviously someone cares, they keep coming out with bowls and sponsors keep signing up and ESPN keeps putting them on TV. If it wasn't profitable there would be 10 bowls, half major, half minor. Despite what people say, these bowls are being watched. Come to think of it, I am going to head over to ESPN3 and take one in later today.

I don't think so ...

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/91985-american-vs-acc-in-military-bowl/?p=1170357

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think so ...

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/91985-american-vs-acc-in-military-bowl/?p=1170357

Crikey, slick, that was Post #18. Here are Posts #13 and #14:

It's a lose lose wither way...if we send out 3rd best team at 8-4 and we beat a 6-6 or 5-7 ACC team (Duke or Maryland), nobody will care because it is either a decent team having a horrible year or a bottom dweller having a so-so year. If we lose, then we are worse than a bad ACC team...not a whole lot to win here except for the fact that it beats playing a school with no name recognition.

Nobody will care no matter what. There will be 3 bowls starting with the 2014 season that people will care about .... up from the 1 now.

You were responding to me. Am I missing something?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Another negotiating masterpiece from Aresco.

There are two different trains of thought. 1) Doesn't matter who wins bowl games 2) The economics of bowl games, who wins.There is some PR benefit to the winner, it may help some kid decide to go to the winning school. Also there are articles on the benefits players get individually, the bowl experience. Economically it seems the winner is the local economy.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

There are two different trains of thought. 1) Doesn't matter who wins bowl games 2) The economics of bowl games, who wins.There is some PR benefit to the winner, it may help some kid decide to go to the winning school. Also there are articles on the benefits players get individually, the bowl experience. Economically it seems the winner is the local economy.

I agree, IMO the schools, conferencs, bowl organizers, and who's really running the show, espn, need to try to find a way to mitigate some of the costs. One way to do that would be for the bowls to stop requiring the schools to eat the cost of unsold tickets. The big question is. Does the exposure and extra practice time justify the added expense?

I agree, IMO the schools, conferencs, bowl organizers, and who's really running the show, espn, need to try to find a way to mitigate some of the costs. One way to do that would be for the bowls to stop requiring the schools to eat the cost of unsold tickets. The big question is. Does the exposure and extra practice time justify the added expense?

Its tangible to intangible benefits. Didn't a bowl eligible team turn down an invite recently? Don't know why, just seems like I read it. Might have been to hold out for a better bowl for all I know.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766

Its tangible to intangible benefits. Didn't a bowl eligible team turn down an invite recently? Don't know why, just seems like I read it. Might have been to hold out for a better bowl for all I know.

But let's not lose sight of the most important aspects of any bowl game, whether it's a quality big time P5-bowl or a Poulan Weed Whacker bowl: ESPN gets to fill a three hour time slot and charge advertisers 'bowl game' rates for that programming. The players get to visit the local children's hospital and money still exchanges hands on Las Vegas Boulevard. 

And it was LaTech that turned down a bowl game, in hopes that there was a better invite in the offing...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8703346/louisiana-tech-bulldogs-9-3-go-bowl-game

• Upvote 1