• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Further Down the Rabbit Hole

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I will NEVER lose interest!

If USF never went 1A, my enthusiasm would be EQUAL.

I'm sorry ET, but I will never in a million years believe that second sentence. If you get as excited for a game against Tulsa that isn't even televised because nobody cares as you do for a game on national TV where USF is ranked No. 2, then it makes your excitement kind of meaningless. Acknowledging that some games and seasons are more exciting than others doesn't make you less of a fan, it makes you honest. And denying that same fact doesn't make you more of a fan, it makes you kind of naive. In my opinion.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I will show up for all the games and get excited, but being in an empty stadium is kinda depressing when I know that the boys to the north are rocking out in packed stadiums singing fight songs and shaking the buildings with their chants. Mid-majors and the irrelevance it brings really can kill the vibe that the excitement like in 2006-2008 brought.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Other than the name, what would really change? The P5 have huge TV contracts, the rest of us have tiny TV contracts. How many of the Non P5 teams have a legitimate chance to win an NC? How many of the lower level P5 teams have a legitimate chance? If there were zero inter divisional games, we would lose 2 to 3 games a year. We could replace those games with Boise St., BYU, SDSU, Fresno St etc....Not every good recruit in America would flock to the likes of Wake Forest, Northwestern, Vandy etc.... just because they play in the P5. I just don't think that the change would be that big.

You are very misguided if you believe what you just wrote.

How? Am I wrong about the TV contracts? Am I wrong about having a legitimate chance to win a NC? How am I misguided. What do you think will happen? Please enlighten me, guide me in the right direction. What am I wrong about?

I guess you don't remember just a few short years ago when our team was ranked #2 in the country... You need to get a clue bro

So why aren't we in a P5 since we we're #2? One season, check that 2 or 3 weeks at #2 mean nothing. BTW, 6 years are not a few short years ago. We are already in the second division. You can chose to ignore that all you want, but a pile of dog .... by any other name still smells the same.

You are the one who mentioned having a legitimate chance at winning the Natty Champ. All I said is if you are ranked #2 in the BCS at end of season, you play for Natty Champ. If you ain't in a power conf you will NEVER be ranked #2. You asked "what would change if we were no longer in a power conf", well that's the answer. Get it now?

We are ALREADY outside of the P5. IF they create a new level NOTHING will change regarding our legitimate chance at a NC. Bottom line, end of story. You can argue all you want about as it stands now, IF we were to win out we would have a chance at a NC, that is pure unadulterated BS. Hell, there was a debate as to whether an undefeated ACC champ would get into the playoff. Do you REALLY think that an undefeated AAC team would out muscle a one loss SEC team. I'd bet that they wouldn't get in over a 2 loss SEC team. Do you honestly think that if we were to go undefeated this year, that we would have a chance at a NC? Seriously consider the situation before you answer. If you're honest, then you will Get it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Other than the name, what would really change? The P5 have huge TV contracts, the rest of us have tiny TV contracts. How many of the Non P5 teams have a legitimate chance to win an NC? How many of the lower level P5 teams have a legitimate chance? If there were zero inter divisional games, we would lose 2 to 3 games a year. We could replace those games with Boise St., BYU, SDSU, Fresno St etc....Not every good recruit in America would flock to the likes of Wake Forest, Northwestern, Vandy etc.... just because they play in the P5. I just don't think that the change would be that big.

You are very misguided if you believe what you just wrote.

How? Am I wrong about the TV contracts? Am I wrong about having a legitimate chance to win a NC? How am I misguided. What do you think will happen? Please enlighten me, guide me in the right direction. What am I wrong about?

I guess you don't remember just a few short years ago when our team was ranked #2 in the country... You need to get a clue bro

So why aren't we in a P5 since we we're #2? One season, check that 2 or 3 weeks at #2 mean nothing. BTW, 6 years are not a few short years ago. We are already in the second division. You can chose to ignore that all you want, but a pile of dog .... by any other name still smells the same.

You are the one who mentioned having a legitimate chance at winning the Natty Champ. All I said is if you are ranked #2 in the BCS at end of season, you play for Natty Champ. If you ain't in a power conf you will NEVER be ranked #2. You asked "what would change if we were no longer in a power conf", well that's the answer. Get it now?

We are ALREADY outside of the P5. IF they create a new level NOTHING will change regarding our legitimate chance at a NC. Bottom line, end of story. You can argue all you want about as it stands now, IF we were to win out we would have a chance at a NC, that is pure unadulterated BS. Hell, there was a debate as to whether an undefeated ACC champ would get into the playoff. Do you REALLY think that an undefeated AAC team would out muscle a one loss SEC team. I'd bet that they wouldn't get in over a 2 loss SEC team. Do you honestly think that if we were to go undefeated this year, that we would have a chance at a NC? Seriously consider the situation before you answer. If you're honest, then you will Get it.

You are totally clueless when it comes to this topic, my advice is to move on to something else.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

You are totally clueless when it comes to this topic, my advice is to move on to something else.

Edited to not get drawn into a pissing contest. Out

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

I think you fellas are talking past one another. Playing for the six-inch plastic "Me Too" trophy from the newly segregated "all the rest" conferences adds nothing to the current situation in which we find ourselves. I'm betting that there's no non-P5 that gets a whiff of playing in the NC bracket. Now, we can trot out the daydream that if we win that 'best of the rest -  me too -  put me in coach' trophy that that will be the magic ingredient that guarantees our spot in the playoff grid - even if we're ranked #34.  There's possible...and there's probable. We were #2 for a few short days, and never found anything CLOSE to that again. Wanna get in the grid...end up ranked #2. I just don't see that happening now that we are officially on the wrong side of the velvet rope and our SOS pretty much insures we won't be seeing a top 8 ranking anytime soon. The P5 don't want to see Georgia pound an undefeated Hawaii, when there's more TV revenue in seeing Georgia play 'a member of the club' in a bowl game/playoff grid. 

This seems like a fair assessment:

We are ALREADY outside of the P5. IF they create a new level NOTHING will change regarding our legitimate chance at a NC. Bottom line, end of story. You can argue all you want about as it stands now, IF we were to win out we would have a chance at a NC, that is pure unadulterated BS. Hell, there was a debate as to whether an undefeated ACC champ would get into the playoff. Do you REALLY think that an undefeated AAC team would out muscle a one loss SEC team. I'd bet that they wouldn't get in over a 2 loss SEC team. Do you honestly think that if we were to go undefeated this year, that we would have a chance at a NC? 

I'm sliding all my chips onto "NO". 

I think that if we can go undefeated for 2 or 3 straight years while beating 1 or 2 good teams along the way each year, then we will have a shot for the title.

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

I think that if we can go undefeated for 2 or 3 straight years while beating 1 or 2 good teams along the way each year, then we will have a shot for the title.

Yep.

And that's a right good sized if.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes, a 36-game winning streak is pretty hard to ignore.

What's our longest streak so far? 6?

It's either that or just simply decimate everyone on our schedule 12 straight games...