• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's our biggest football position question mark now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

how is it not still QB?

Bench is a true sophomore thats completed something like 2 passes.

He's a good option man  like BJ Daniels..He will work out fine...With a good running game we will not have to pass on every down..it will keep the defense honest...and open up the quick  short pass to the flats and over the middle..and a rare   hail mary to the end zone..We will have our trick plays back..and the excitement...

That is a heck of an assumption.  The questions at RB are similar to QB.

Agree 100 % I'm counting  on Kennard Swanson in on this and starting next fall.....If he is unavailable   our running game would be impacted....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Whats the obsession with Swanson? Hes a fullback, not a running back. He won't be a workhorse and won't be doing much until we're inside the red zone.

The two incoming running backs that COULD be workhorses are McCray and Tice.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

QB and RB are still huge questions marks.  Bench was great for depth, but he's still a giant unkown.  On paper he's no different than Eveld or Floyd.  The biggest difference is he's way behind them on the playbook.  White still likely has the highest ceiling of the bunch.

The supposedly enhanced d-line should take a lot of pressure off the DB's.  If we get as much pressure as some folks think, as long as the LB's can stuff the run our defense should be fine.

If I remember we signed some fast LB  that will hit campus this fall..

I also don't think we will have all the zone calls...FS killed us over the middle last year......every 3rd down when the need it it was another crossing route over the middle and we were not able to stop it.

just walk down the field like a cake walk..

At least in the spring game  the LB's  looked a bit better and with our defensive line  up a notch there might be more hurries and interceptions..

Go Bulls

Opposing QB's having 10-15 seconds to wait on receivers are what slaughtered our defense last year.  Sure the DB's might have been able to play a little better, but the front seven was non-existent last year on passing downs.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

QB

RB

Defensive Backfield

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

QB and RB. Bench has limited experience. I definitely think he is an upgrade, but not sure how much by since I haven't seen him play on the field yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

QB and RB until proven otherwise.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

QB and RB are still huge questions marks. Bench was great for depth, but he's still a giant unkown. On paper he's no different than Eveld or Floyd. The biggest difference is he's way behind them on the playbook. White still likely has the highest ceiling of the bunch.

The supposedly enhanced d-line should take a lot of pressure off the DB's. If we get as much pressure as some folks think, as long as the LB's can stuff the run our defense should be fine.

If I remember we signed some fast LB that will hit campus this fall..

I also don't think we will have all the zone calls...FS killed us over the middle last year......every 3rd down when the need it it was another crossing route over the middle and we were not able to stop it.

just walk down the field like a cake walk..

At least in the spring game the LB's looked a bit better and with our defensive line up a notch there might be more hurries and interceptions..

Go Bulls

Opposing QB's having 10-15 seconds to wait on receivers are what slaughtered our defense last year. Sure the DB's might have been able to play a little better, but the front seven was non-existent last year on passing downs.

I am guessing that our nee DC will throw in more than 1 or 2 blitzes a game unlike Cosh.

Question marks are still QB and RB. Everyone we have at noth positions are largely unproven .

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I was curious where Big Sweat was --out in Arizona with Rich Rodriguez, still.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/12coaches.html

Look who else is on their staff:

Calvin Magee and Frank Davis!

:offtopic::GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Mine is coaching...

#provesomething