• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stanley Clerveaux, WR North Miami HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

This is not a good sign.

Meaning we lost out on someone better? People were raving about this kid, but it does seem like we re-opened.

We definitely lost on someone higher up our board. Hoping for Bronson and Ellison to round out our WR corps.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Is there a thread that show top WR targets?  Or top targets by position? I thought I saw a 3 tiered list for WRs a few weeks back.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Actually, pretty impressive footage.  Seems like he has excellent energy, snatches the ball well and is an aggressive downfield blocker.  May be a pretty good pick up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSESqMBAvr0

Edited by JupiterBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know why it should mean they lost out on anyone higher up on their board. At the time that Clerveaux tried to commit but didn't have a committable offer, they were still waiting on Artavis Scott.

This is a good thing. There was a miscommunication, it got noses bent out of shape, instead of getting emotional or indignant about it the coaches made a calm decision to patch things up and continue to chase after a talented kid and they got him. That's a very good thing. They went from being on a kid's sh-t list because there was bad communication about what kind of offer was on the table, to being the kid's choice for where he wants to go to school. That's pretty cool. Takes good political skills to do that. Dey smoove.

I'm really curious about this whole thing where people worry the WR recruiting is closed.

They hadn't recruited a WR yet. They told Tajee Fullwood he was going to be a DB and I don't believe Jimmy Bayes has ever really been thought of as a WR.

They have an offer on the table for Ryeshene Bronson and to me it sounds like the only reason there isn't a commit there yet is everyone wants to make sure he's good to go academically. That's an issue for him.

Get Ryeshene in addition to Clerveaux and that's pretty much the top two WRs they were in the running for, in my humble opinion. Top two I saw on tape, anyway.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know why it should mean they lost out on anyone higher up on their board. At the time that Clerveaux tried to commit but didn't have a committable offer, they were still waiting on Artavis Scott.

This is a good thing. There was a miscommunication, it got noses bent out of shape, instead of getting emotional or indignant about it the coaches made a calm decision to patch things up and continue to chase after a talented kid and they got him. That's a very good thing. They went from being on a kid's sh-t list because there was bad communication about what kind of offer was on the table, to being the kid's choice for where he wants to go to school. That's pretty cool. Takes good political skills to do that. Dey smoove.

They weren't waiting on Scott. Scott never was high on USF. Ill give CK the insider tip cause I like him - Taggart never watched Clerveaux's tape and didn't have the full chance to evaluate him.

Stan took it the wrong way but it was all cleared up. I'm happy for this kid, he's a great kid who can bright up a room. He's a sick receiver.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think we were ever much of a factor for Scott. However I think we were close to picking up Kendrick Holland, we used to be in his top two at one point. After he diluted his list to a couple of more teams, it made sense to bring Clerveaux on board.

Edited by Bulliez

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

That's my thoughts too Bulliez. We have very realistic shots at Ellison and Bronson who are the 2 I want to see round out the class.

I think Holland is the reason the staff told Clerveaux to hold off in hopes he'd be a Bull.

Well according to Singer's sources the hold up was just that Willie T hadn't even got a chance to look at him yet. I'll take that at face value. It happens. They cleared it up and once they did it appears he got a commitable offer.

Not sure why we'd assume that Kendrick Holland was more desirable to the Bulls than Stanley Clerveaux. The tape doesn't necessarily suggest it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

They weren't waiting on Scott. Scott never was high on USF. Ill give CK the insider tip cause I like him - Taggart never watched Clerveaux's tape and didn't have the full chance to evaluate him.

Stan took it the wrong way but it was all cleared up. I'm happy for this kid, he's a great kid who can bright up a room. He's a sick receiver.

So was this some sort of isolated screw up where a kid was offered before he really should have been?