• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball @ Notre Dame, Game 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I missed another crazy game because of work.

Here's the updated standings.

Team ... W-L ... GB  ... GR

USF.... 15-2 ... 0.0 ... 7 [Clinched tournament berth - #5-seed or higher]

Pitt... 14-3 ... 1.0 ... 7 [Clinched tournament berth - #6-seed or higher]

UL..... 13-4 ... 2.0 ... 7 [Clinched tournament berth - #8-seed or higher]

SHU.... 12-5 ... 3.0 ... 7

RU...... 9-8 ... 5.0 ... 7

UConn... 9-11 .. 7.5 ... 4

ND...... 7-10 .. 8.0 ... 7

SJU..... 7-11 .. 8.5 ... 6

GU...... 5-12 . 10.0 ... 7

UC...... 4-16 . 12.5 ... 4

VU...... 2-15 . 13.0 ... 7

Seton Hall can clinch a berth with a win over Cincinnati OR a Georgetown loss to Pittsburgh.

RPI jumped up to #48 now. 17-1 since the start of April (also since the Georgetown series, which really seemed to be the lowpoint of the season).

And a pair of interesting stats the the @USFBaseball twitter:

"The #Bulls have played 458 innings over 46 games averaging just under 10 innings per game."

"At 458 innings, the #Bulls have played 51 9 inning games. That's five extra games."

Whats the source/link for the updated RPI? From what you are saying we have jumped 30(78 to 48) places in 2 games. If we sweep i am sure that will change again. We are seriously starting to move into regional seeding possibilities. Not to get ahead of ourselves but upcoming series with SHU and RU have the potential to make us jump even further with positive outcomes.Whatever comes I think this team has proven that it can now play with anyone. I know where I'll be at 11:30 am tomorrow. Great pitching, timely hitting and stellar defense are a gret platform to build a team on. Go Bulls.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/rpi

That's the site I use since it updates live after each result is reported.

I'm still not sold on an at-large bid, but as of right now, we've certainly placed ourselves in the bubble discussion.  Need to keep winning.

Oh, and since its shaping up to be a four team race for the pennant here's the remaining conference schedules.

USF: @ Notre Dame, 3x @ Seton Hall, 3x vs Rutgers

Pitt: @ Georgetown, 3x vs Villanova, 3x @ Louisville

Louisville: @ Villanova, 3x @ UConn, 3x vs Pitt

Seton Hall: @ Cincinnati, 3x vs USF, 3x vs St Johns

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Seton Hall can clinch a berth with a win over Cincinnati OR a Georgetown loss to Pittsburgh.

RPI jumped up to #48 now. 17-1 since the start of April (also since the Georgetown series, which really seemed to be the lowpoint of the season).

"The #Bulls have played 458 innings over 46 games averaging just under 10 innings per game."

"At 458 innings, the #Bulls have played 51 9 inning games. That's five extra games."

Whats the source/link for the updated RPI? From what you are saying we have jumped 30(78 to 48) places in 2 games. If we sweep i am sure that will change again. We are seriously starting to move into regional seeding possibilities. Not to get ahead of ourselves but upcoming series with SHU and RU have the potential to make us jump even further with positive outcomes.Whatever comes I think this team has proven that it can now play with anyone. I know where I'll be at 11:30 am tomorrow. Great pitching, timely hitting and stellar defense are a gret platform to build a team on. Go Bulls.

I'm still not sold on an at-large bid, but as of right now, we've certainly placed ourselves in the bubble discussion.  Need to keep winning.

Oh, and since its shaping up to be a four team race for the pennant here's the remaining conference schedules.

My new favorite site - they predict we'll win the regular and take the #1 seed. :D

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/predictedstandings

Seriously though, it's great to be playing meaningful games at the end of the season. THAT's what bigtime sports programs are all about.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It has been so many years since I have been excited about Bulls baseball. My wife and kids keep asking me what baseball game I am watching/listening to on my phone. When I say USF they respond "I did not know they had a team." This run has made the spring much more enjoyable.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

My new favorite site - they predict we'll win the regular and take the #1 seed. :D

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/predictedstandings

Seriously though, it's great to be playing meaningful games at the end of the season. THAT's what bigtime sports programs are all about.

Yeah, I love that page. It's been saying we will only win 4 more conference games for the last 3 weeks. First time I saw it, it said we would finish 12-12 and that was when we were 8-2; we just keep defying the odds.  Only problem is that they have Pitt playing one game more than possible.