• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Detailed Aresco Interview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Talked to Aresco for 20 minutes yesterday. Lots of same sentiments. He's very clear in saying that winning is the best PR a conference can have. They have to get it done on the field.

What would you guys have him say?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't think he can say much of anything that would appease USF, Cincy or UConn except "Hey I got you an invite to (instert power 5 conference name here), good luck!"

I would like to hear how he is going to handle this bowl situation though. Is he looking to take bowls from the C-USA/MAC vs P5 setups?

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What would you guys have him say?

"Looks like USF is moving to another conference. We are trying to keep them the league, of course. But it looks to be imminent."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Ha. Asked about bowls, and specifically about Pinstripe and Russell Athletic being discussed for other leagues. Just said they will discuss bowl strategy (not publicly) at meetings in Ponte Vedra next week, that they want a bowl lineup that matches league's new geography. I'd think that means a presence in Texas now. Curious to see what they can do to line up bowl for league champion, in the event the American champ isn't in the top six bowls ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Let's hope he can work some magic and get us into some decent bowls.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ha. Asked about bowls, and specifically about Pinstripe and Russell Athletic being discussed for other leagues. Just said they will discuss bowl strategy (not publicly) at meetings in Ponte Vedra next week, that they want a bowl lineup that matches league's new geography. I'd think that means a presence in Texas now. Curious to see what they can do to line up bowl for league champion, in the event the American champ isn't in the top six bowls ...

Some nutcase posted here that the AAC's champ would be playing in the Potato Bowl, what's up with that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I'd compare AAC to the titanic but the titanic actually captured people's imagination before it flamed out.

This conference blows. It got pennies on the dollar from TV, has members that openly flaunt their desire to leave ASAFP and has no bowls that want to touch it.

Yet people believe in its future. . . . Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

Some are just trying to make the best they can out of a less than desirable situation rather than whining and moaning about it, making worn out Titanic references .... It is whatever gets you to sleep at night.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Some nutcase posted here that the AAC's champ would be playing in the Potato Bowl, what's up with that?

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

i wonder what captain of titanic said after iceberg hit the ship

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

i wonder what captain of titanic said after iceberg hit the ship

Same as the pope...