• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Benjamin Knox - OT - Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

This is exactly the bulls need and I hope ward will commit soon as well. He would probably redshirt in his freshman year and will compete for playing time in year 2.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

What I really love is how the Negative Nancies say we'll never get a recruit who has big time offers, until he commits and then there must be something wrong with him. Not trying to be confrontational. but it just astounds me.

As to Benji he has been ranting and raving about USF since he visited. His Coach really thought it was a great decision for him and he is just about as solid as any other commit we have. He cancelled UL and Vols visits so he could commit now and secure his spot. Pretty darn solid in my book.

I'm not a negative Nancy. I went to the first USF game, while I was a student, in 1997. I went to UF for post-grad a stayed loyal to USF. I just recognize that there's a pecking order in CFB. That's all.

I'm thrilled he's coming and really hope he sticks. Sounds like he will. But we don't win a ton of these battles against SEC teams. It's the exception. That was my only point.

Going to games has nothing to do with this.

Take a look at our commitment list. Nearly EVERY commit has a P5 offer. We have the 42nd best class in the country right now.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Seems awfully light for a Taggart OLineman.  But he does look impressive.

He's frigging 6'6". You can't grow both ways at once. 

??? Never heard that before.  Seen plenty of 6'6" kids that weighed more than 259.

He's a 4 star/top 300 player on ESPN and you're complaining? He's 6'6", redshirt him and he'll be 290lbs the following year. Or get him into the weight room and feed him a high calorie diet right away to get him on the field his first year. This is a huge get for the program downer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/173435/benjamin-knox

He's a 4 star on ESPN because he's committed to UF there :popcorn:

I'm not worried about weight, but the link on Scout shows Power & Strength as Areas for Improvement, so it's likely a focus and op for redshirt.  We'll see if he cancels his other OVs to Lville & TN (per Scout).  Hope he sticks, and we get Ward.  Need some OTs, stat.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Egads!  Power and Strength as areas of improvement?  We won't be seeing him on the field any year soon.

Egads!  Power and Strength as areas of improvement?  We won't be seeing him on the field any year soon.

That's an area of improvement.  Darryl Williams was on early, and he looks like he can barely open a jar of pickles.  I'm sure they'll get him ready.  I'd like to see guys with a nasty streak, who punish DL.  We have some big bubbas already, but I rarely see them attacking the DL...and we NEED that, badly.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's an area of improvement.  Darryl Williams was on early, and he looks like he can barely open a jar of pickles.  I'm sure they'll get him ready.  I'd like to see guys with a nasty streak, who punish DL.  We have some big bubbas already, but I rarely see them attacking the DL...and we NEED that, badly.

I'm not saying he won't be good, he looks like he will.  But if he's light and needs to work on this strength, he is very unlikely to help this upcoming season.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

ESPN still has it wrong. Lists him as a UF commit as of 1/11/14

Edited by BiggTipp

Actually, it says 1/11/13 commit date to UF...as I noted, it's more stale than most other sites.

Doesn't even show his recently scheduled OVs.  To me, ESPN is ok with high profile updates, but for updates/maintainance of most recruits, they lag big.

Actually, it says 1/11/13 commit date to UF...as I noted, it's more stale than most other sites.

Doesn't even show his recently scheduled OVs.  To me, ESPN is ok with high profile updates, but for updates/maintainance of most recruits, they lag big.

I see what you mean, BiggTipp...it DOES show last updated 1/11/14 and committed to UF 1/11/13.  Like I said...stale.