• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BaseBulls are ranked

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

We are not a REGIONAL team...I hope they prove me wrong, but 3 wins in the top 100 doesn't excite me with the bad losses we have...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's amazing. The guys that vote on the polls are obviously poorly equipped to evaluate teams. It's great to know that our posters are so much better informed and experienced so that they can tell us how bad we really are.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Like I said, we might have had the 28th best week, and perhaps that's waht the poll reflects.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's amazing. The guys that vote on the polls are obviously poorly equipped to evaluate teams. It's great to know that our posters are so much better informed and experienced so that they can tell us how bad we really are.

So you think the baseball poll is filled with guys who pay way more attention and take their vote more seriously than the Harris Poll? At best, 1% of all college baseball games are televised, how would any voter west of the Mississippi have a clue how good we are? There are 297 teams in D1. They've played roughly 30 or so games so far, bringing the total to just shy of 1000 games to pour over. Who do you think has watched even a fraction of them?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

When can we expect the ten year extension for prado? Lol

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

When can we expect the ten year extension for prado? Lol

:lmao:   :roflmao:   ....lotta road left on the schedule.

Edited by BullDoug

So you think the baseball poll is filled with guys who pay way more attention and take their vote more seriously than the Harris Poll? At best, 1% of all college baseball games are televised, how would any voter west of the Mississippi have a clue how good we are? There are 297 teams in D1. They've played roughly 30 or so games so far, bringing the total to just shy of 1000 games to pour over. Who do you think has watched even a fraction of them?

Well maybe we should just do away with polls. They are obviously meaningless. I guess the NCAA poll doesn't mean anything. I guess some guys "not paying attention" are more informed than other guys who would fall into the same category. Seems like you scramble to buttress any inane argument just to support your point of view, as usual. I'm just happy for the team. God knows what your motivation is.

Just an update on NCAA link to rankings.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/collegiate_baseball

The one above is a week old. Sorry Char.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

A 3 game sweep over one of the worst teams in the nation really must have convinced the voters. They aren't even receiving votes in any other poll.

They also have Bryant University (#118 in the RPI) as the 30th best team. USF and Bryant have some of the longest winning streaks in the country at this point as well, hmmmm. Yet they don't have Mercer ranked. That's some BS. And I'm serious.

Hopefully they do keep that streak going, though. Need to beat some of the tough competition headed their way.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the team should feel proud

• Upvote 1