• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Take Series over No. 26 Pitt with Walk-Off Win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Please tell me they didn't pile on last night. A bit premature...

Sorry but you must never have played BB. They scored 3 fricking runs in the bottom of the ninth to win. It happens like twice in your whole career. Pile on, heck I would be picking people up and throwing them. And tonight they scored again in the bottom of the ninth to win over the no. 26 team in the country. You guys really need a hobby if your criticizing a celebration over that. I guess this team doesn't fit the narrative of "we suck at everything" any longer. We are tied for 1st place in the BE with almighty UL. But I guess we suck at everything

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

They walked in a run, we tied it up with a base hit, then they hit a batter for the winning run.

2 huge errors on Pitt, I can see blowing off little steam as relief from dodging a bullet, but a dogpile just seems excessive.

It's a long season, and we haven't proven anything yet.

That said...

Go Bulls!!!

Get doze Gators!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Please tell me they didn't pile on last night. A bit premature...

Sorry but you must never have played BB. They scored 3 fricking runs in the bottom of the ninth to win. It happens like twice in your whole career. Pile on, heck I would be picking people up and throwing them. And tonight they scored again in the bottom of the ninth to win over the no. 26 team in the country. You guys really need a hobby if your criticizing a celebration over that. I guess this team doesn't fit the narrative of "we suck at everything" any longer. We are tied for 1st place in the BE with almighty UL. But I guess we suck at everything
Pitt is nothing special, they were ranked off of a gaudy record alone. Their RPI is 96. We are 7-2 in the Big East having played the worst big east teams on our schedule. Also, we are tied with UL but they would beat the tar out of us in 3 games (unless Herget would bring his A game). They proved that literally from day 1 of this season. We are not a bad team, but this program has underachieved a great deal and the scrutiny is warranted. They will rack up wins like last year, but those wins won't mean anything for an at-large bid. The only way this team gets in is with a conference championship.

Edit: don't care about the dog pile too much. A celebration is necessary, but things got a little carried away out there considering the circumstances haha.

Edited by SattyBull

We still only had one out. We would have won the game if 7 different things had happened. The fact is Da Bulls executed in the clutch. I can't believe anyone wants to diminish a big win like this for that team. It just flies in the face of logic. You really don't understand the game if you think that win was a anything less than a great comeback victory. Even a base on balls is an accomplishment in a late and close situation. Ever fiber of your being, screams, swing, be the hero. When all too often, working that BOB is what benefits the team most. No disrespect meant, but I really don't think you are grasping that this wasn't one team losing the game. It was also, and more importantly to us,  one team winning it.

As to this comment

we haven't proven anything yet

We are 7-2 in the Big East. I guess that doesn't fit the preconceived opinion.

Also, we are tied with UL but they would beat the tar out of us in 3 games

I guess that's why they play the games. As to that comment. I am sure they would "beat the tar" out of the poster.

It really sucks that most of the posters left here are the one's who sing our dirge before we are dead. Before last years BB it was almost unanimous in here that our BB team sucked. And then, all those guys were first back on the bandwagon when we went dancing. See you in Omaha, boys.

One more thing , as of 7:30 Pitt had moved to No. 89 in RPI. We are ranked at 153. We swept them, kinda ironic, eh?

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

Edited by Bullwinkle

Final Note:  We have to beat UCF, Alcorn State, Stetson and UConn before we "get doze gators". One game at a time my friend. And we don't get to have the "tar beaten out of us" by UL this last season. ****, we could always use a little less tar.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

It really sucks that most of the posters left here are the one's who sing our dirge before we are dead. Before last years BB it was almost unanimous in here that our BB team sucked. And then, all those guys were first back on the bandwagon when we went dancing. See you in Omaha, boys.

]

Isn't the fact that I follow USFs crummy baseball program closely proof that I was never off the bandwagon in the first place?

And UL beat USF 10-1 on opening day, so our tar is already running a little low.

Edited by SattyBull

]

Isn't the fact that I follow USFs crummy baseball program closely proof that I was never off the bandwagon in the first place?

And UL beat USF 10-1 on opening day, so our tar is already running a little low.

No, the fact that you call them "USF's crummy baseball program" , means you are off the bandwagon. So i guess a baseball team that loses it's first game should surrender the season? I guess the fact that Roy Halladay got shellacked this week means he's a "crummy" pitcher. If you knew anything about baseball you would know, "it aint always how you start, it's how you finish". Anybody that judges baseball based on one game or one part of the year, just doesn't understand how the game works.

Oh, and you might want to change your avatar. There is no such thing as BE FB any more.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't bother Bullwinkle, this entire message board has become a haven for troll's and negative posters. With fans like these....who needs rivalries.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If everyone is positive all the time and all about rainbows, unicorns, gumdrops and puppy dogs, this would become a very boring place.  

At this level of sports, you take a win any way you can get it.  Seems like some don't want to give USF credit for even getting the runners on base to put them in position to win.  USF batters didn't ask to be walked, or HBP ... you take and use what the pitcher gives you.  

If you can't celebrate a win in this fashion, who wants to play anyway?  It's supposed to be fun to win.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

So, back to talking about actual baseball.  Lovecchio had a very strange game yesterday.  Had a bunch of strikeouts early, but every ball Pitt hit was a rocket.  Twice they hit into line drive double plays, once to third (throw to 1st) and once to first (throw to 2nd).  Can only remember one or two fly balls.  Everything else was a line drive.  But then a lot of swings and misses.  Seemed like he was at once both overpowering and lucky. 

The offense is still anemic but they seem to be able to do things at the end of close games. 

Does anyone that went to the game know what was going on at the very beginning when USF had a kid standing outside the dugout with bats in his jersey like arrows or something?  James Ramsey's dad had no clue and Pam Prado got there late.  She said she'd email me and let me know.  The ump tolerated it for the first Pitt batter and then had the kid move back inside the dugout.