• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today is the one-year anniversary of USF's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I watched the first game and the second game today --not going to watch the third game against Ohio.

The game against California: "Bak Bak, miss, miss." Classic line!

The Temple game, the second half was one of the best halves by the Bulls that I've seen in a long time.

It sure heals a lot of wounds to watch those games again!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What we did to Cal in the first half was borderline criminal. That and the second half against Temple were awesome.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

This is a reverse case of its always darkest before the dawn. One last brightspot before being cast into obscurity and categorized as "also rans" and "never was."

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

What a fun spring it was last year. Watching the run up to the tournament, watching the selection show with a vested interest for once, and then watching them win a couple. It was fun for at least a week or so to dream big and think if the cards fell right, they could make some loud noise.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

That NCAA Tourney run was the happiest duration I had ever experienced as a Bull. I could have walked on water that whole time.

Football making to #2 for five minutes was also right up there, but that didn't last as long.

I have it all on VHS and I might watch in again soon. Dang, that was some tasty Bulls fun!

Better get that converted to DVD pronto.

If you VHS player ever breaks you're going to be S.O.L

If you plan on converting them to DVD, I would be willing to pay you for a copy. I was in Nashville for the games and have never seen a replay of any of them. I would love to get my hands on them.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

with this "new" conference we are entering you can bet we will have more tourney births.  

we invested a lot of $$ to have "Big East' Facilities and now we are shipped back to the minor leagues but still keep all the upgrades.  If we can keep Stan Health, i think we have a great shot at being the best BBall program in our new conf.  

with this "new" conference we are entering you can bet we will have more tourney births.  

we invested a lot of $$ to have "Big East' Facilities and now we are shipped back to the minor leagues but still keep all the upgrades.  If we can keep Stan Health, i think we have a great shot at being the best BBall program in our new conf.  

That's a bold statement. Here's the A-XII (or whatever we will call ourselves) next year.

Louisville - NCAA #1 seed

Cincinnati - NCAA

Memphis - NCAA, C-USA regular season & tournament champion

Temple - NCAA

UConn - Academic probation, would likely have made NCAA

UCF - Probation, would likely have made NIT

Houston - CBI

SMU

Rutgers

Future/Possible members:

ECU - CIT

Tulane - CIT

Charlotte - NIT

Tulsa - CBI

I know we had a really down year, but I'm not sure about being the dominant basketball program in our new conference. I certainly think we can be in the top 3rd every year (4th or higher in a 12 team conference), but we have a long ways to go before becoming a perennial conference power.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

That's a bold statement. Here's the A-XII (or whatever we will call ourselves) next year.

Louisville - NCAA #1 seed

Cincinnati - NCAA

Memphis - NCAA, C-USA regular season & tournament champion

Temple - NCAA

UConn - Academic probation, would likely have made NCAA

UCF - Probation, would likely have made NIT

Houston - CBI

SMU

Rutgers

Future/Possible members:

ECU - CIT

Tulane - CIT

Charlotte - NIT

Tulsa - CBI

I know we had a really down year, but I'm not sure about being the dominant basketball program in our new conference. I certainly think we can be in the top 3rd every year (4th or higher in a 12 team conference), but we have a long ways to go before becoming a perennial conference power.

That's one of the small number of silver linings in the new conf. The way it sits right now, we shouldn't be dropping down to a one bid conference.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville is going to ACC.

Rutgers is going to Big 10

Sure UConn is still a powerhouse program but a lot of unknown with probation and no more Jim Calhoun.

Memphis and Cincy have strong programs but aren't all world beaters year in and year out.  

besides- having an easier path to the Big Dance will only help recruiting I think.  

Louisville is going to ACC.

Rutgers is going to Big 10

Sure UConn is still a powerhouse program but a lot of unknown with probation and no more Jim Calhoun.

Memphis and Cincy have strong programs but aren't all world beaters year in and year out.  

besides- having an easier path to the Big Dance will only help recruiting I think.  

I'm aware of UL and RU leaving, I was just listing next years conference.

Your original comment was "i think we have a great shot at being the best BBall program in our new conf."

I have no argument that I think we can be more competitive, but I still think its a stretch to think we can catch and surpass UConn, UC, Memphis, and some of the others who are ahead of us, in the near future.