• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And the Attempt to Keep Season Ticket Holders from Bailing Begins...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

What a bunch of dumb ass's raising the ticket prices.   I might drop down my seat request now because this is getting ridiculous.   Was I not punished enough last two years and now you want to shove it up my sphincter. 

:facepalm:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I should have known that as soon as I read the title that Baltobull would have been the author of this thread. This guy has been DOOM AND GLOOM on this board forever. Enough of your negative BS already. If you don't want to support the program and will continue to nag on every minor detail, please GTFO this board and follow another team. We don't need you.

Alright dude, let's play. My name is Curt Sudduth. I am an alum and current grad student at USF. 

I'm doom and gloom? I think you are way too optimistic.

Here's the deal, you my friend are blinded by your green and gold glasses. I however, refer to myself as being much more grounded in reality and the circumstances USF faces.

You may not like my opinion. Believe me, you going on and on about how USF is going to be a force and nationally regarded by the media is not one I particularly like either. I think it sets expectations too high and unfairly sets fans up for disappointment. 

I like USF. But, I understand where we are. I also understand that the doors have been closed to us essentially ever playing for a National Championship again. If you believe that USF, without the fan base, without the tradition and without the brand will consistently be good enough, with the impending gap of revenues between the haves and the have-nots, which by the way will be MUCH MORE THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN (read: there will be no more FSUs coming from nowhere to gain notoriety), then I don't know what to tell you, man.

I have long been an advocate for our yet-to-be-named conference to engage with the MWC and others in forming our own championship format. I truly believe this is best and far better than fans like you, hellbent on believing we are part of something we are not, crying like a b***h when we get passed over for a team with more 'brand presence'. It has happened before and it will certainly happen again as how many teams are contending for one access slot?

Again, I like USF, but I don't think we are ever going to get the respect and notoriety you and some of your ilk think we will.

Despite our differences, I have tried been cordial with you. Hell, I even invited you to dinner a while back to try and bury the hatchet. 

But please, don't be a baby and tell me to GTFO because you don't like my opinion. Mine might not be popular, but there are some who agree with me.

Oh, I will continue to support the program, I'm guessing more than you think I do. Close to $30,000 invested in the team in 8 years. I think despite what you said DO need fans like me. I think I have earned the right to express my opinion about the state of and the future of the team, don't you?

Edited by BaltoBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ZING!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Well said BaltoBull! 

But let's remember...we're talking fans. There's no place for cold, rational logic and realistic thinking. Just look at that one thread with over a hundred pages conjuring up all sorts of convolutions of how USF will be in the P4(nee P5). There are those who believe it, with all their heart and soul and have gone to extensive pains to map out their reasoning as to why we are not <#64. There is a world of possibilities and a smaller world of probabilities. As much as I love USF, and want the program to succeed, I can't, in good conscience, drink in the cheerleader kool-aid and sign on the dotted line. Maybe it works when you're younger, but I've been around USF a bit too long, and listened to too many pep talks. So what if we're stuck in 'the best of the rest'? Someone has to fill that spot. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Boom goes the dynamite.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

Well said BaltoBull! 

But let's remember...we're talking fans. There's no place for cold, rational logic and realistic thinking. Just look at that one thread with over a hundred pages conjuring up all sorts of convolutions of how USF will be in the P4(nee P5). There are those who believe it, with all their heart and soul and have gone to extensive pains to map out their reasoning as to why we are not <#64. There is a world of possibilities and a smaller world of probabilities. As much as I love USF, and want the program to succeed, I can't, in good conscience, drink in the cheerleader kool-aid and sign on the dotted line. Maybe it works when you're younger, but I've been around USF a bit too long, and listened to too many pep talks. So what if we're stuck in 'the best of the rest'? Someone has to fill that spot. 

I fully agree that we would like to be NC's but life as a non NC ain't bad.  In many ways there is WISDOM that comes with age...Tailgating and reminnicing about past GLORY is fine...

Yes I like to dream and yes I like to hope and yes I WOUDA COUDA SHOUDA..and Yes I can take the Pep Talk with a grain of salt at times...

Do the "KEYS TO THE GAME" really matter...Stop the offensive run...Defense holds,turnovers...Not realy original...

But for several hours I don't get lost in todays MISERY..I don't think about North Korea...I don't obsess.about .Mali

ADHD has it's pluses and problems...for me I would like to see USF NC but with all of todays problems Global Warming,,Politics...

Willie and USF have my Blessing..I have a debt I can never repay..I was admitted and I graduated...They saw something in me  and I Owe USF...

Go Bulls

That was hbyran that said that bull-71.....not brybull

Sorry Where the CROW...anyone have mustard and Ketchup..is it better FRIED of grilled...

I sort of missed Jtrue on this one  I expected him to suggest Blackened Crow

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Bottom line in all this is that USF football is a young enough program that it needs any kind of fan it can get. Fair weather ones, ones who can only afford to support the program whet it meets their certain criteria, etc. Hopefully Taggart can do enough things to keep them or bring them back and we can be ready for any further conference movement down the line ....

• Upvote 1

To all non... x-season holders that don't want to re-new...Honesty.is important and I am glad that fans can say I don't want to renew right now...My wife and I talked about it..I was so pissed off disolunioned with The Past two years..

I can understand the economy, I understand the uncertainly...I'm fine with that .........because Family comes first and You have my Blessing...Even if you have not asked for it..

I can understand wanting to on a cruise be with the kids build memories and I believe when the time is right ....and you are able  to ....you will take your kids back to USF to show them where MOM and Dad went to school....and how good it was...

I just take Issue with HYPROCRASY from alumni with BS excusses...If you own it accept it...But lets not blame RECRUITING,  WILLIE, OR A SCHEDULE..

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

That was hbyran that said that bull-71.....not brybull

Sorry Where the CROW...anyone have mustard and Ketchup..is it better FRIED of grilled...

I refuse to throw money at mediocrity.

I will not question the decision as that is a good chunk of change to spend for entertainment.  I will say though that the mediocrity was fired and replaced.

I look at it as supporting the Bulls, but the family looks at it as entertainment. There will always be single game tickets to grab when we want to go. For clarity, there are a few reasons I am choosing to give up the tickets:

• The optimism of CWT has not gotten rid of the bad taste from the previous two years - yet
  • I just don't see this team being very competitive in 2013, even against C-USA 2.0
  • The home schedule is not very good, and only looks to get worse in future years

USF football in the short term (talent/performance) and long term (conference affiliation) are heading in the wrong direction. CWT may be able to turn that around but he is going to need time. For now, the family wants a cruise over USF tickets.

I will hold off on some things I thought when reading this but this one stands out "The home schedule is not very good, and only looks to get worse in future years".  So you are NOT buying tickets this year because you think the schedule is bad (which I don't think is but that is just different opinions).  You think the schedule will be worse in the future.  It doesn't sound like you will buying season tickets in the future if the logic follows.

We'll see. If CWT can get the team turned around then I probably will even with a less-than-attractive schedule. I know it's not a popular decision amongst the diehards but it's an honest one (apparently bull-71 is now my accountant), and it's one that I think will be reflected in the season ticket base for 2013.

I want to buy season tickets, but don't have the same optimism that I have had in years past - just being honest.

Willie had enough optimism for both of you.  Get on the bus.