• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football ADHD Field Awareness-Academics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Mr Swanson is a signed recruit..He has Athletic abilities...There is an open door...USF...go thru the door..and all sort of new possibilities open up....

Does it make sense for a History Teacher to Take Thermodynamis,,,We don't require it....Enroll in a college and pick specialization later....But does it make sense for Mr Swanson to require him to have certain test answers...I never had to run a 4.40 40 to get into engineering...why are we requiring these athelets to a standad that has little to no bearing on future sucess...

I don't know how the Accademic Review Commitee is set up  but I do believe OUR Coaches are Intelligent enough to make a decision in the own area of expertise SPORTS..Training, management, fitness etc...and they should have the final word on admission

Go Bulls

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Am I alone in thinking that ADD and ADHD aren't actually conditions, but rather just normal, natural, human attention and focus limit for a portion of the population? I know my attention span is about 30-40 minutes unless it's some problem I get obsessed with solving and will spend hours or even days concentrating on, idk what to call this... hyper focus? It actually hurts me sometimes I can't just move on to more important things. 

Am I alone in thinking that ADD and ADHD aren't actually conditions, but rather just normal, natural, human attention and focus limit for a portion of the population? I know my attention span is about 30-40 minutes unless it's some problem I get obsessed with solving and will spend hours or even days concentrating on, idk what to call this... hyper focus? It actually hurts me sometimes I can't just move on to more important things. 

ADHD is in the genes..You are born with it...Many people learn to adjust and compensate for it...It comes back stronger in later years   And believe me it is a condition.  A ADHD brain can be thought of as a person on a Merry Go Round...The scene keeps changing..difficulty in long coherent thought...And at the same time MICRO FOCUS were everyting flows in and nothing Disturds you...

MOST IMPORTANT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IQ BUT MORE HOW WE PROCESS INFORMATION FLOW...

ADHD  is related to nuerons and information paths in the Brain..Certain areas have more paths and readily accessed...Medication that change certain brain nueron transmitters chemical levels help.

Changes in word order...spelling are all inter mixed because of the timing problem...super fast in certain areas  slow in others..

The best explanation is like this..

If I were to plan a trip from New York to Chicago  the ADHD brain would go by way of Miami...>>>>NOTE DOSSAGE IS IMPORTANT...under proper dossage the Train goes straight from  New York to Chicago...To much medication the train jumps the track and goes no where...That where the web site comes in...There is no cure..we only mittigate conditions...

Its a blessing and a curse...I have heard of students taking medication for math...required but not for lab work because that area worked great without additional stimulation...

Lot of people go undiagnosed like me till I was 67...I learned to compensate...Check the WEB site check ADD and loving it...It will help...There are great benefits but I pay a price also... 

ADHD people usually live on the edge..Great inovators..Think outside the box...can take in huge amounts of certain information. they are interested in ..but  other areas are like brick walls...

We can be very successfull if we work in the right area...Hence my wanting to ease academic issues with Sport/Athlete who might be great in Football and sports but not able to spell or write a History paper..

Hope this helps

Go Bulls

ADDED NOTE ADHD SHOULD BE DIAGNOSED BY A PROPERLY EDUCATED PSYCHIATRIST....There are certain common areas...but no cookie cutters....A LOT OF BS BEWARE....

Done that been there..i have had a fabulous career...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

W ..... T ..... F

Whenever bull-71 posts I just picture a crazy homeless man on a laptop and it all makes sense...kinda like this

homeless_laptop.jpg

I knew someone like this..Brilliant--But could not handle the stress...Dropped out of the grind..

Go Bulls

I love the Korean era web gear

W ..... T ..... F

Whenever bull-71 posts I just picture a crazy homeless man on a laptop and it all makes sense...kinda like this

homeless_laptop.jpg

I knew someone like this..Brilliant--But could not handle the stress...Dropped out of the grind..

Go Bulls

I love the Korean era web gear

With no disrespect intended to anyone...When I see the picture I wonder what happened to him, his childhood, his experience  and if I was there what i could have done to make a difference...

Go Bulls