• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst divorce ever! --USF got some beer, the TV & easy chair

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I don't see how anyone can spin it as anything but the worst divorce deal ever.

In college athletics a conference name means TV rights, and all of that, equating to "the house" in the real world.

Well, if the basketball schools are getting the "Big East" brand, that means they got the house.

Sure, there's one year left on the BCS bid. That's tantamount to not moving out of the house until such and such date.

Basically, here's what went down to "the family."

1) Some income earners left permanently. That weakened the households' total income and value.

2) Some people were invited in, agreed, then changed their minds. While others are coming in -all weak income earners.

3) Some more people from the house have banded together and have decided to leave --and then they want the house. "We'll give you some money for it."

Result: USF is going to be moving out with two former members and looking for an apartment with some new people! And, already, one of those new people is someone we all hate. He smells and is messy (ucf)!

How messed up is that?

We're we too selfish? Did we not bring flowers? Did we forget birthdays?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Left the toilet seat up

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Getting tired of the constant b!tch threads on here

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How stupid do you think people are?  The brand is worth something, but do you think people are going to pay millions and millions more just because of the conference name?  The conference name is worth peanuts in comparison to the schools in it.  If you add Alabama, Georgia and Florida to the Sun Belt, the Sun Belt would suddenly be worth mega millions per year.  The Big East name is worth something, but not nearly as much as you are trying to portray.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Getting tired of the constant b!tch threads on here

+1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Some of you Bulls need to lighten up.

I posted this as a comical way look at it all. It's not like any of us could have done anything to stop the madness.

So what with it all, I say. We'll still have USF sports to enjoy.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This isn't a typical b!tch thread, this is more satirical than the other ones.  I didn't mind it.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Football Conferences are a SERVICE INDUSTRY....There is little to no value for football in the BE name.  There is a BE association to Basketball   so selling the name has value to the 7 Catholic schools...We get money they get the prestige of the basketball association..Its a win win....

Take a look at the local bars....Bar crowds are fickle....There are oldtimers...regulars....But the real hopping clubs come and go....There are times when I want to pay $7.00 for well brands because of locaton..Other times I'm good with the early bird 2-1 special....$3.50.......

Please note Hollywood..notibles get paid to visit and drink in these clubs...get the point...Paris Hilton made money got free drinks......make the comparison....

Or conference value depends on our teams and schedule....We might have to make special deals to get the big boys to play teams in our conference....There is an inherent risk in playing in the "Local" arena.  If the big boys loose...then we small timers get at lot of news....UofL example....

Any lawer will tell you a divorce is a ending of an economic relationship....The Catholic school gets the "HOUSE"...we get the Money....

Our new conference should use some of this money to schedule BIG BOY TEAMS.....By winning here..our conference name will have greater value and better TV rights....It's not going to happen overnight...Keep cool enjoy the road we are on...remember the time when there was no  USFfootball team..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

When you have an athletics department and fanbase that are in tatters like our, the only threads you are going to get are from people complaining...nothing has changed and the situation seems to keep getting worse.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When you have an athletics department and fanbase that are in tatters like our, the only threads you are going to get are from people complaining...nothing has changed and the situation seems to keep getting worse.

And incessant complaining helps how?