• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Football won 4 bowl games. I'll call all of those big games. WBB winning the last two. Volleyball used to win big games all the time. If you go into the corral you will see a bunch of banners from a period in time where we were good. MBB last year won at least 4 big games, including two in the tourney.

Yes, USF overall is probably under .500 in "big games" .... but I think a big part of that is what makes games big games is top notch opponents.

Its not like a volleyball player from 1995 and a football player from 2007 have a common bond that dictates choking in big games. When you aren't the neighborhood bully, big games are tough to win ... and over the years USF has won a decent number of them.

I don't know, I really can't count PapaJohn's, International or the Beef O'brady Bowl as Big games.  Those are pretty much consolation bowl games to me.  Always happy to be playing in a bowl game. Meineke vs Clemson...Maybe a big game. Especially with the way things have been here lately in football.  These are/were certainly not "must win" games to me.  

I am not saying our programs choke.  I just don't feel we have a winning culture with any of our programs.  Certainly not one at the highest level, that anyone can point to, in any of our programs.  Well, perhaps sailing if you want to count that.

Living in CT, when I am talking to my UCONN friends or Syracuse friends and I have a good friend that is a Louisville grad, when I talk to them and they are talking about national Championships or conference championships I am certainly not pointing to the Beef O'brady Bowl as our shining moment.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I truly understand what 84 is saying. It seems like whenever we have a chance to show our worth, we fall flat on our face.

"Look at USF, they are putting together a nice season."

Game that all eyes on we, "USF looks unprepared for the spotlight...... They came out flat, lacking intensity", etc, etc.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Why bring bowl games into a thread about WOMEN'S BASKETBALL?

If bragging about your schools national championships is important to you, then why in the world did you choose to go to USF?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Why bring bowl games into a thread about WOMEN'S BASKETBALL?

If bragging about your schools national championships is important to you, then why in the world did you choose to go to USF?

The thread within the thread started talking about the women's BB team falling flat last night in a big game.  The conversation has shifted to a more general statement about USF sports.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Football won 4 bowl games. I'll call all of those big games. WBB winning the last two. Volleyball used to win big games all the time. If you go into the corral you will see a bunch of banners from a period in time where we were good. MBB last year won at least 4 big games, including two in the tourney.

Yes, USF overall is probably under .500 in "big games" .... but I think a big part of that is what makes games big games is top notch opponents.

Its not like a volleyball player from 1995 and a football player from 2007 have a common bond that dictates choking in big games. When you aren't the neighborhood bully, big games are tough to win ... and over the years USF has won a decent number of them.

I don't know, I really can't count PapaJohn's, International or the Beef O'brady Bowl as Big games.  Those are pretty much consolation bowl games to me.  Always happy to be playing in a bowl game. Meineke vs Clemson...Maybe a big game. Especially with the way things have been here lately in football.  These are/were certainly not "must win" games to me.  

I am not saying our programs choke.  I just don't feel we have a winning culture with any of our programs.  Certainly not one at the highest level, that anyone can point to, in any of our programs.  Well, perhaps sailing if you want to count that.

Living in CT, when I am talking to my UCONN friends or Syracuse friends and I have a good friend that is a Louisville grad, when I talk to them and they are talking about national Championships or conference championships I am certainly not pointing to the Beef O'brady Bowl as our shining moment.

Soccer seems to be at least somewhat of a powerhouse and have a pretty deep culture of winning, I mean we don't make the big east tournament last year but were still good enough to be in the big dance of soccer... Has to be some sort of tradition for that to happen.

Edited by NewBullBacker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Latest Projections. Losses dont seem to be hurting us, I do believe we need to beat Gtown tonight.

Edited by cophbulls

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Ya it's definitely a must-win tonight in my view also. New Bracketology came out. Has USF as the 12th Seed now playing 5th Seed North Carolina still in College Station. Charlie Creme also had us "Moved Up" [That little green arrow next to the name]. Very interesting after going 0-2 this week. I guess he saw something in those games. I under UConn was a given, but  hey, I'll take it!

Edited by Sharpiez_R_Us15

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Still need 2 wins in my opinion to be a lock. Anything less will have us being nervous come the selection.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

USF 24 - G'Town 8  Halftime!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

USF 24 - G'Town 8  Halftime!!!!!!!!!!

****, completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.