• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Artavis Scott, WR, East Lake HS, Tarpon Springs, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

You could see some separation between Ellison and Scott at IMG on Sunday. Ellison has great quickness and elusiveness after the catch, but Scott is amazing. He was able to get separation, had amazing hands, and for a smaller WR could still go up for the ball. He is special and it's sad to see that we won't be able to keep him home. That said, I think there are still alot of WR's in 2014 that can help this club, Ellison certainly included.

Honestly I gave the edge of creating separation to Joc Ellison, who I believe may be faster period. Where I think Artavis had Ellison is his ball skills which were clearly on display, and also his run after catch. Scott transitions from catch to run very smoothly and quickly with good balance, and has moves that he can put on in the open field to make people miss. Joc Ellison is no slouch with the football in his hands, but he doesn't necessarily transition from difficult body positions into run after catch quite as smoothly or with as much balance. He also doesn't pick the ball out from the air or adjust to it quite as expertly as Scott. However, when it comes to just creating separation, putting on quick moves, outrunning people, etc...I give the edge to Ellison.

And I give the edge to Clerveaux over both of them.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Something's weird here. We were in his final 6 last week and now all of a sudden we aren't?????? And UCF is on the list??????? And Josh Newberg is picking UCF and the rest of 247 is picking Michigan(remember that 247 was 100% FSU for Hollywood 2 days ago). Sounds to me like nobody has a clue as to what Tay is doing. The timing of his announcement that he will commit next week came on a very strange day, coincidence?? Or is Tay sandbagging everyone? Worth thinking about, especially given recent events.Also sounds like 247 is getting led around by the nose by the Tampa boys. If so, more power to them. Bunch of Tallahassee lassies anyway.

Edited by Bullwinkle

For sake of reference, Tay has been linked to UMich, Clem, UCF and UM. Nobody has nailed him down yet. He learned early on to praise whoever he was visiting that week. I'm not giving up yet. was quoted this week as saying he wasn't planning to commit this early but something occurred which helped him to decide to go ahead and do it. Sound remotely familiar? Oh and BTW, Rivals lists scott as the no 9 WR in the US.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651
  • Days Won:  0

UCF???

His quarterback from last year, Pete Dinovio, is there. Thats my guess as to why they are on the list.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

He is close with Dinov which is why UCF is there but I think he leaves the state. Pretty sure we are out of it though, I don't think he wants to be so close to home while in college (another reason why UCF is on there and not USF)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Dang we really should have jumped on DiNovo earlier.  I hate Skip Holtz

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

My guess, Clemson.

Sticking with my gut. something happened to push him to commit now. Only one thing I can think of.I am happy to have a singular opinion.

I don't think he wants to be so close to home while in college

Is there something behind that reasoning, or just gut. Not critiquing either way, just wondered if you had read, seen or heard something that made u think that?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Ok, so what would that one thing be?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

We are not in his top six, sssssooooo he is pulling a switcheroo?