• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NCAA Is Under Seige

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

No way.

No one outside of Polk and Hillsborough knows anything about Grothe's appearance other than a "grohawk" and a comparison to that kid in Goonies; and I don't know if that was in the game or not.

Your full of it if you really think the players' likeness has anything to do with the EA game, or the pictures/billboards they are all too happy to be in.

You talk like the "millions" are all just pocketed, no expense, no risk.  Not that they go to other programs that don't generate revenue, but generate "equality."

Watch risk unfold over the next few years as our revenues decrease....would our players, had they received $491.56 for their likeness, bail out the program?

Exact likenesses aren't in the game. But you can enter every stat including home town, weight, player attributes (scambling vs pocket passer, etc). 

Now that's just creepy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

No way.

No one outside of Polk and Hillsborough knows anything about Grothe's appearance other than a "grohawk" and a comparison to that kid in Goonies; and I don't know if that was in the game or not.

Your full of it if you really think the players' likeness has anything to do with the EA game, or the pictures/billboards they are all too happy to be in.

You talk like the "millions" are all just pocketed, no expense, no risk.  Not that they go to other programs that don't generate revenue, but generate "equality."

Watch risk unfold over the next few years as our revenues decrease....would our players, had they received $491.56 for their likeness, bail out the program?

Exact likenesses aren't in the game. But you can enter every stat including home town, weight, player attributes (scambling vs pocket passer, etc). 

Now that's just creepy.

The hometown is because they are using the ESPN template. And people want the game to emulate real college football in game play and broadcasting. Madden 13, btw,  correctly predicted the Super Bowl spread and MVP. http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/madden-prediction-correctly-picks-super-bowl-xlvii-spread-174535632.html The PS2 version of NCAA Football had all the 1aa teams too and for whatever reason, most likely to cut down on paying more royalties, they took them out for the newer versions...sorta. Because you can make an entire team and import it into the game so they skirt paying the 1aa teams royalties. Oh, and since they have a mode where you can be a high school star, you can even make real high school teams and give the team characteristics to mimic the way the real team plays (good defense/poor offense etc) and import them into the game. Here is the website,

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

Edited by slick1ru2

I used to play TECMO BOWL.  It was fun.  All the players were fictional.  Whether or not I enter stats and eyebrow hair for Matt Grothe, it's fictional.  Plus EA is not entering, the consumer is.  Sue the consumers or are they helpless and vulnerable too?

Same with the baseball game I had for PS2 where I created my own team modeled after my Sunday night Mens softball team.

I guess I owe some royalties to those old farts.

So, the story you posted was from 2011, any updates?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

i get the argument that players are used on billboards, jersey etc... but lets not pretend they get nothing in return.

If they make the most of their time in school they get a free degree and can segway into a nice job (assuming they gave 60 percent of the effort of a normal student in the same degree program). Not to mention... a lot of the players wouldnt get into USF without a football scholarship.

SO they get nothing more than someone on academic scholarship? But their likeness  and talents are used to sell video games, jerseys, game tickets and negotiate multi-million dollar TV contracts and bring in corporate sponsors and private donors and attract students. So why do you think they are given scholarships? Because USF wants to educate dumb jocks? Or get basically free publicity of the school and bring in millions?

What about the kid that rides the pine for 4 years yet get's a free education? Does he get the same amount as the the magical creatures who bring in those "multi-millions"? So what about the researcher in groundbreaking marine oil spill cleanups that nets the Uni $100MM in grant money. How much is his cut? What about the professor who trains a nobel laureate, what is his % of the prize. This argument is ridiculous. College isn't about what you make, it's about what you learn.

I used to play TECMO BOWL.  It was fun.  All the players were fictional.  Whether or not I enter stats and eyebrow hair for Matt Grothe, it's fictional.  Plus EA is not entering, the consumer is.  Sue the consumers or are they helpless and vulnerable too?

Same with the baseball game I had for PS2 where I created my own team modeled after my Sunday night Mens softball team.

I guess I owe some royalties to those old farts.

So, the story you posted was from 2011, any updates?

Did you notice that in the version shipped, the players have the correct numbers and players like Washington and Daniels are the correct height, weight, jersey number, left or right handedness, player type (scrambler, cover corner, big hitter, etc) and also marked with a star are the better players like Dee Dee Latimore and also are the correct year in school, ie RS Jr, etc and in many cases the correct hometown? People just add the name. And once added the announcers actually say the name because those were recorded into the game. Grothe isn't that common a name now is it or Tebow?  Come to think of it, I think I've heard Lejiste's name called in the game.

Not only that, they have online launch day events with game play and people say, that this player in the game is whatever real player.

This is from two versions back. At 3:15 says "MacCarron drops back, he scrambles..." You think they added it accidentally?

The updates are in the article in the current issue of Sports Illustrated, not available online. This is the cover: http://www.trbimg.com/img-51113508/turbine/bal-20130205-001/479/361x479

Edited by slick1ru2

They also say Meyer, when my kids play.  They don't care to copy USF players, they make their own (usually each other). USF doesn't have a Meyer.

But I guess I may be in the money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

In order of picture

I disagree 2514325414351221343  SH++++T they all look gooooooood

Please just go ahead and type ****. We have a profanity filter .... that works on that word .... I think.

They also say Meyer, when my kids play.  They don't care to copy USF players, they make their own (usually each other). USF doesn't have a Meyer.

But I guess I may be in the money.

When you play in franchise mode, you play future seasons so it has names of players not yet on the field. Meyer may come in as a player, recruited from high school, so they have recorded names that aren't current players and it because he may be a future, fictitious player on your team. If your kids have a Meyer on USF this season its because they used the option to generate names vs importing a file with the real names. Also remember there are over 120 teams and they have added names, spoken by the announcers, of many of the playmakers at key positions, into the game to use to announce during the play by play.

Edited by slick1ru2

I wonder if they have kept the audio files for players that are no longer playing college football. I may rename a player Grothe and put him in and see if Brad Nessler calls out his name during a play.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

In order of picture

I disagree 2514325414351221343  SH++++T they all look gooooooood

In order of preference...

Yes, Hell yes, yes, yes, yes

:D