• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bobby, Matt, or Mike?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman6h

USF coach WIllie Taggart on quarterback Bobby Eveld: "He's leading the pack right now. He's starting to catch on to our offense."

I'm rooting for Bobby to have a fantastic senior season. Thus they can redshirt Mike White. Bobby Eveld to set the program on the right direction. And Mike take it out the universe. USF will be known as QB-U.
Ideal situation. Eveld has a good year and White saves his redshirt Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Bobby

Bobby

Bobby

I don't see what Mike White has that makes him capable of successfully leading this team as a true freshman.  He is no physical phenom. None of these QB's are going to look good without a solid team around them.  It'd be very foolish coaching to put much responsibility on any of them.  It comes down to managing the game.  Bobby is smart and has experience at the college level and will have a Spring with Taggart.  All that puts him as most likely to successfully manage the team IMO.  White and Floyd may be pretty smart too I really couldn't say but the experience is going to go to Bobby at any rate.  I'm not going to hold last year against Floyd, we were a lost cause by the time he go in there, the coaches and players all knew it so maybe he can come along.  I don't see White being up to speed til mid season but Eveld and Floyd are going to continue to get better during the season as well so I don't expect that he will overtake them this season.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman6h

USF coach WIllie Taggart on quarterback Bobby Eveld: "He's leading the pack right now. He's starting to catch on to our offense."

I'm rooting for Bobby to have a fantastic senior season. Thus they can redshirt Mike White. Bobby Eveld to set the program on the right direction. And Mike take it out the universe. USF will be known as QB-U.

My faith in Coach's recruiting prowess is such that I have no real concern for White's redshirt.  I trust that that next year or, at worst, the year after, we will bring in a QB with a level of talent equal to/better than any USF has ever had. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe I'm just late to the game on this one...but did anyone else notice that Mike White runs a 4.8 40?? That's impressive!