• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF national Champs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

How 'bout something like this?

448475-The_Trojan_Bull_Bulls.jpg

His horns need to be shaped like the iconic U.

Whatever it takes i"m good

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Florida State Horse Paint is recognized everywhere. I remember when FS was being investegated by the NCAA. On a billboard in Tallahassee someone posted.."They won't be happy till they shoot the horse"

Put your thought on this, some how some way to have a USF identified. Someway to have ESPN broadcast it nation Wide. Something recruits can identify with.

Go Bulls

Really? 4 posts in a row to yourself? I challenge you to make one post this week that someone agrees with. Just one.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Enough Jtrue. Stop being a d!ck.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Florida State Horse Paint is recognized everywhere. I remember when FS was being investegated by the NCAA. On a billboard in Tallahassee someone posted.."They won't be happy till they shoot the horse"

Put your thought on this, some how some way to have a USF identified. Someway to have ESPN broadcast it nation Wide. Something recruits can identify with.

Go Bulls

Really? 4 posts in a row to yourself? I challenge you to make one post this week that someone agrees with. Just one.

I agree with this one.

I'm very confused. You asked about being a NC next year. Then you wander around for a while and mention something about while in the Big East.

Try asking a question in 10 words or less, then you might get better responses.

Data When I went to USF there was no football program. The president of USF wanted to compeet in basketball so no football team was started. So I am late to the party. I graduated 40 years ago. There are a lot of us old geezers around. Luckily we are a point in life where we can go to away games. I have been in the football program since the first mailing.

I realy want this program to succeed. There are many problems we will have. I can accept that. I believe programs succeed by dedication of alumni taking the good with the bad and learning from program mistakes. I have some memories etched in my brain that are priceless.

I graduated from USF as well as my three children.

The reason for starting this post was to get the community involved..to become part of tradition...to create ideas on how we can overcome obsticals and get to the next level.

Go Bulls

The bus was just a thought along that line

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

What response would you  have gotten if you had asked this of Florida fans in their second decade of playing Gator football? And how long again did it take the?

You could make the argument that USF has it tougher in that when UF (or most other schools) started, there were no powerhouses that had been playing for 80 years or more.

IMO we have a difficult road ahead. None of the power houses are going to role over and play dead.  In our beginning the other conferences thought we were a joke.(IMO).  When we started to beat ranked teams things changed.  What I am trying to accomplish is for all Bulls fans to put their heads together and try to come up with a winning stategy with the inherent problems of being in the BE.  Boise has a blue field..If I see a game and the field is blue I don't need the comentator to know one of the teams is Boise. 

I thought we would get national recognition with Skip Holtz and I was very disapointed.  I am just trying to plant a seed.  I'm not looking to be right or wrong. The only thing I have learned is that name recognition is important.  Name recognition can be accomplished by many ways"The Aflac Duck",Flo -Progressive Car Insurance.. We have enough alumni with enough brain power to take us to the next level.  I'm not content to be a also ran.

Go Bulls

I believe that Willie Taggart has it right.  We need to build a fence on the I4 corridor.  This week some of the best recruits JoJo Kemp for example chose another school.  We were close, we are great academically, we have a NFL stadium.  The million dollar question is why.  That easy to answer,  The dificult part is how do you fix it. 

This is my point and challege to all alumni.  If you want a winning team we have to compete on all levels.  The power conference teams have had a luxury of time.  USF was an underdog and a curiosity in the beginning this is no longer true.

When other schools try to flip our recruits it is an indication that they know "WE are not stupid" yet we loose in the PR battle.  This PR battle will be one of the most difficult to win.  It is based more on emotion then facts and this is where we all need to come together to have a WINNING strategy.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

if USF goes undefeated next year we do not make the national championship...Add that to the fact we have to play Louisville so we cannot go undefeated. We have no chance at being national champs next year and then absolutely no chance after that year unless we continously win 10 games for a few years and leave this conference.

if USF goes undefeated next year we do not make the national championship...Add that to the fact we have to play Louisville so we cannot go undefeated. We have no chance at being national champs next year and then absolutely no chance after that year unless we continously win 10 games for a few years and leave this conference.

Good we got to the right answer,,,If we go undefeated we will NOT make the national champioship..This is a problem..How can we try to fix this if we are still in the BE.  We have no controll over getting an invitation to one of the power conferences.  Now what can we do to increase our chances? This is not a glib question.  If we alllow ourselves to accept the fact that we will never be a National Champion in the BE then we are back with Skip Holtz kicking a field goal when we are three touch downs behind. 

USF has a new start with Willie Taggart.  I am reluctant to accept USF as a mid tier school.  It will be difficult to win 10 games without good recruits.  Yet good local recruits like Jojo Kemp leave for Kentucky.

This is the essence of the original post.  If we do nothing to change the situation,,, the results will always be the same. IMO We need to have an possitive atmosphere, a place where local recruits are prout to come to.  There are enough Gators in the swamp we don't need more...

If I had all the answer or the answers were easy there would be no problem.  I don't have all the answers but what I do believe is we are lucky to have a new coach.  But Willie can't do everything by himself and there are thousands of alumni  ..somewhere out there is someone smart enough to help USF out.

Go Bulls