• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Home and home with ODU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If this is our 2nd game cupcake kickoff then I'm OK with it. We usually open up vs a weak opponent, this would be nothing new. I would seriously hope that we get some nice OOC games in those years. Right now all we have on the schedule for 2014 is Western Carolina for our opener and NC State on 09/13/14. If Old Dominion was our 2nd game of the year, then I'm cool with that.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Every game can't be against a big time opponent.  And you don't want every game against a big time opponent.

I'm kind of looking forward to it.  We used to play Old Dominion all the time, back in the day.

I'm not saying every game has to be a big game. But...a home and home with a current FCS school (currently scheduled to go to Norfolk in 2014...they don't move to C-USA til 2015).

Here's how it'll look so far:

2013 Schedule

Aug.31 MCNEESE STATE TAMPA

Sept. 7 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich.

Sept. 14 FAU TAMPA

Sept. 28

MIAMI TAMPA

2014 Schedule

Aug. 30 Western Carolina TAMPA

Sept. 13 N.C. STATE TAMPA

@ Old Dominion

2015 Schedule

Sept. 5 FLORIDA A&M TAMPA

Sept. 12 INDIANA TAMPA

Oct. 3 NEVADA TAMPA

2016 Schedule

Sept. 3 Towson TAMPA

Sept. 17 at Indiana Bloomington

Old Dominion

2017 Schedule

TBA MICHIGAN STATE TAMPA

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Our neighbors to the east are signing a 1-1 with penn state for the next 2 years. Clearing off their 1AA games to make space. When did they get into a better conference? When did they get to the inside?

this is awful. I could see a 2 for 1 maybe. UCF is signing 1 for 1's with south carolina, missouri, penn state. we are getting ball state, ODU and WKU. they are going out and trying to make a name for themselves.

If this is our 2nd game cupcake kickoff then I'm OK with it. We usually open up vs a weak opponent, this would be nothing new. I would seriously hope that we get some nice OOC games in those years. Right now all we have on the schedule for 2014 is Western Carolina for our opener and NC State on 09/13/14. If Old Dominion was our 2nd game of the year, then I'm cool with that.

we shouldn't do 2 cupcakes a year anymore. our level of conference competition has decreased tremendously. we need to use the OOC to strengthen our schedule. not weaken it any further.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like AD Woolard is using the old philosophy of "anyone, anytime, anywhere". Someone in the athletics building needs to remind him that you use that philosophy when scheduling more difficult opponents like BCS conference schools.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

ODU joins C-USA as a full I-A member in 2014.
This is the article I read, which says ODU will "play one more season at the Football Championship Subdivision level and then play two seasons as an independent at the Football Bowl Subdivision level, starting in 2013, until it moves to Conference USA for football in 2015."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7941382/old-dominion-monarchs-leaving-colonial-athletic-association-conference-usa

It is dated from May 2012, and we all know how quickly things change with conference alignment, so you may be right.

Edited by ctbrown24

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This screams "we have no money". We can't afford to pay someone who is not I-AA to come to Tampa. Even in a 2-1 deal.

This screams "we have no money". We can't afford to pay someone who is not I-AA to come to Tampa. Even in a 2-1 deal.

nah

we could easily sign 1 for 1's with much better programs. those cost no money at all.

I agree though that we don't have the money. even tennessee is broke. $200M in debt.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/01/28/Colleges/Tennessee.aspx

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You don't think we'd sign with better programs if we could? This one is puzzling...maybe there is some personal connection.