• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something I found amusing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I was just surfing around on ebay, and I came across this auction that made me chuckle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Autograph-Stan-Heath-Dollar-Hogs-BB-/280496227590?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item414ee0c506

First, clearly an Arkansas fan ran into coach Heath out to dinner or somewhere around town and wanted an autograph, but didn't have any good items to get signed, so he went with what he had. 

Second, always weird to see our coach with a signature that says "Go Hogs" ... and yes, I completely get the fact that he would have signed it while he was head coach at Arkansas.

Third, the Razorback's fan kept that dollar all these years, and just now is trying to cash in on it.

I am tempted to offer him 75 cents for it (with free shipping) ..... with no disrespect to Coach Heath, but that really isn't a collectible, but it is still worth a dollar.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I was just surfing around on ebay, and I came across this auction that made me chuckle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Autograph-Stan-Heath-Dollar-Hogs-BB-/280496227590?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item414ee0c506

First, clearly an Arkansas fan ran into coach Heath out to dinner or somewhere around town and wanted an autograph, but didn't have any good items to get signed, so he went with what he had. 

Second, always weird to see our coach with a signature that says "Go Hogs" ... and yes, I completely get the fact that he would have signed it while he was head coach at Arkansas.

Third, the Razorback's fan kept that dollar all these years, and just now is trying to cash in on it.

I am tempted to offer him 75 cents for it (with free shipping) ..... with no disrespect to Coach Heath, but that really isn't a collectible, but it is still worth a dollar.

The way current Hog Coach Mike Anderson is struggling some Hog fans probably missed the days of those talented teams under Heath making into the NCAAT. Like at USF, Heath 2 NCAAT teams at Arkansas were always on the bubble to make it, but they did get in even if they got beat in the 1st rd both times. Now Heath teams didn't always play fast like they wanted, but his teams didn't  play slow either. Plus he SEC was a lot tougher then it has been since he got fired.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

It's actually a crime to write on a dollar.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Took the words outta my mouth.

Somebody needs to turn this guy into the Feds!

Oh wait, that would mean our coach gets arrested.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

...only if the intent is fraud or to render it unfit for use. 

An autograph, dependent upon who the coach is, may or may not fall within that domain.

Now, if you down at the lounge next to the airport, sittin' up against da stage, 

depending on who's dancing...well...your tip may actually render that bill 

unfit. 

Took the words outta my mouth.

Somebody needs to turn this guy into the Feds!

Oh wait, that would mean our coach gets arrested.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I collect autographs, only once did I get a dollar bill signed ... Donald Trump, many years ago, in fact I got OJ Simpson that same day, before he became famous for anything other than acting and playing football.  Since Trump was famous for being rich, it seemed like a good fit. I wonder where that dollar is, the signature was such scribble that I bet my parents found it and spent it.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Stuben, miss you man, you were a great rep for me for years..... 

Stuben, miss you man, you were a great rep for me for years..... 

Thank you. I always appreciate the kind words.

Please understand I only know a couple people on here in terms of real name and screen name, so be sure to say hello at a game and if you want, let me know your screen name so I can put the two together in my head.

For what it is worth, I don't regret my decision to not pursue an opportunity with IMG (who took over the ticket sales); USF doesn't seem to regret the decision they made to go with the new company; and I am enjoying being a fan and season ticket holder. I still have great relationships with my former coworkers (and I enjoy being able to see them at games and saying hello) .... so in the end, everything worked out fine.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

You were my rep as well.  Always appreciated your help.  What are you doing now?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

He was my guy too and did a great job. I am so glad he joined us here and shares his insights.