• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Good article on Carnes as well....what a waste of talent when he could have started here and instead committed to huskers. I never understood why especially the top qbs commit to the same schools when they know that they have to compete with another qb for the one starting position. I remember in one year when Tennessee got two 5 star qbs in the same class and later one of them ended up transferring after two years. Why don't these guys consider going to the lower level schools?

Because they're 17/18 year olds with huge egos that are getting sold the world.

Edited by CPR
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good article on Carnes as well....what a waste of talent when he could have started here and instead committed to huskers. I never understood why especially the top qbs commit to the same schools when they know that they have to compete with another qb for the one starting position. I remember in one year when Tennessee got two 5 star qbs in the same class and later one of them ended up transferring after two years. Why don't these guys consider going to the lower level schools?

Given Carnes career to date, I don't think he would have started here.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Same thing with UF.  Brissett passed on other big schools to go to UF to compete v Driscoll, citing no fear of competition.  2 years later, he's at NC State.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Their HS coaches often advise them dishonestly because they want the ego boost and career prospects that comes from sending players to big schools.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Their HS coaches often advise them dishonestly because they want the ego boost and career prospects that comes from sending players to big schools.

Absolutely.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There's a fix for that.

USF must become one of the big schools

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16