• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A New Direction

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

My point was that it seems some fans priority is how much money their program brings in.

Love to see some kind of evidence of that here, or with any other fanbase ....

go to national boards and see how many threads are started on how much their program is worth or how many threads on tv dollars for each league. or what bowls payout. etc etc

hell we have plenty on here.  I've argued with people that i'd rather stay in a c-usa/BE where we can compete rather than move to big 12 where we would never have a chance but there would be plenty more money.

people actually want to go to a conference that is nowhere near our region and where 2 teams virtually dominate. we would be like iowa state, oklahoma state, baylor, kansas, texas tech, missouri. we wouldn't sniff a conference title for 30 or 40 years but we would have bags of money and almost everyone one here begs for that to happen. west virginia made a huge mistake. they will be mediocre forever now. same with tcu. they both did and could have dominated their leagues for years to come.

You apparently don't have good grasp on the definition of "priority". Money is not the driving factor in those fans wanting to go to the Big 12 ...

what is? being a doormat?

Don't be stupid. The vast majority of USF FANS don't think the way you do. My guess is they want, and more importantly think USF can, to succeed on the highest level possible and the Big 12 is a higher level. Taking into consideration the age of our football program, the fact that we didn't finish higher than 3rd in the BE shouldn't be viewed as some definitive predictor on how how we'd do at a higher level. We're still in the growing process and moving to a conference like the Big 12 would definitely not have a negative impact on that process and I can't see how it wouldn't have a positive one.

it wouldn't have a positive one if we became big 12 doormats which unfortunately would be more likely than us actually competing. anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional. one thing our "fans" have shown is that they will back a winner. even at a lower level. they don't show for losers.

we don't have the fanbase to back a doormat. we are not lovable losers. it would set our program back bigtime. sure texas and ou would draw the first time or two but when people realized we were the new iowa state or indiana then they wouldn't bother to come anymore. there is no way we are ready to compete with college football powers on a regular basis. sure we can get them on a game or two a year but not week in and week out.

I think we need to worry about competing and winning at a lower level first. maybe actually build our fanbase.

there is one caveat and that is i think a move to the ACC would be beneficial. i think we have shown that we could compete there. there would be some nice close away games. some better(although some really bad) football opponents. Big 12 woiuld be disatrous though, in my opinion.we just aren't ready as a program or fanbase. I would love for us to be and if we had shown anything in the big east then I would say maybe. look at WVU. even with a program that dominated the big east and a big 12 that is down as far as OU and texas are concerned and with what looked to be a top 10 team they barely went .500. imagine what would happen to us.hell texas a & m won 1 title in all the big 12 years. they are one of the richest programs in one of the best recruiting grounds. they leave for SEC and they already show they can compete at the top there.

recruits want to play for winners. fans want to cheer for winners. someday maybe( I think we will) we will be ready but definitely not today.

As usual, you've veered off from our argument about the money your program makes being most fans priority over everything else ...

I was answering your comments about them believing we can compete and you thinking it would be better for us. I disagree on both and pointed out why.

Done ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

^

\_____ yep, that's it. That is the most realistic assessment I've seen thus far. We got knocked back to where we belong, and now it's up to us to make the most

of that opportunity.

I agree with that 100%. What I don't agree with, and what 94 is saying, is that if the totally improbable happens and the Big 12 issues an invite, we politlely decline and ask them to check back in 10 years or so.

of course they wouldn't decline. where did I say they would decline?

I said it would be terrible for us. it would be shortsighted. the powers that be would be doing it for money. sure it would be worse for the fans but they aren't really a consideration anymore. it's all about tv and the almighty dollar. how else can we build ridiculous facilities and pay AD close to $1m. screw the athletes. screw the fans. let's get as much as we can.

You can't possibly be this thick headed so I'm assuming this all part of a game so lll play along. I didn't say you said THEY would decline, even you aren't that stupid to think they'd do that. My point was that YOU apparently think that declining would be the better course of action right now if the choice was presented to us.