• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manti Te'o

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You all are like a bunch of women talking about their favorite soap opera. :popcorn:

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3G.jpg

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

You all are like a bunch of women talking about their favorite soap opera. :popcorn:

THAT'S BECAUSE THIS IS A SOAP OPERA!!!!   Short of USF getting back into a real conference, this is the best football story we've got until next fall.  

So to recap... following yesterday's Manti interview, it looks like CAA is going with the "mean people on the Internet, not Manti's fault" narrative.  Fine.  This means that Manti Te'o is in fact an emotionally impaired doofus lacking the basic moral sense not to make **** up in an incomprehensibly doomed attempt to avoid embarrassment.    

So who duped Notre Dame?  Are we to believe that the rocket scientists in Notre Dame's athletic and marketing departments helped spin this story without so much as a phone call to Stanford?  Or the hospital where poor Lennay lay dying?  Or why no one had ever met her? Or without wondering why this deep and mature love of Manti's had never come to a game, or campus?  Or why some local California media outlet had never bothered to even attempt an interview with anyone associated with the long-term love interest of a college football star?  

Are we to believe the University of Notre Dame is as emotionally impaired as Manti Te'o and was duped by mean people on the Internet?  It would appear so.  What a special program indeed.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

So, based on everything I know so far, if Manti says he believed Lennay existed that just makes him a doofus in addition to being a liar.

Everything he told the media about his relationship with Lennay was fabricated to manipulate people.

Some ESPN reporter did a 2.5 hour sit down, off camera interview last night, and Manti had a lawyer with him. Well, you need a lawyer to protect liability, so who is liable? Notreal Dame, Manti, or both?

He told this reporter that he did Skype with Lennay but that she was covered by a "black box!" And he didn't think it was weird. He sat there talking to a black box on Skype while some Ronaiah and friends did their voice acting?

If he is this dumb how did he even graduate high school let alone make it through Notre Dame? A black ******* box? It defies belief anyone could be so dumb.

And it was reported he was dating other women at Notre Dame and his teammates and other students knew the details of his relationship with Lennay that he was telling the media was total BS.

I mean if he believed Lennay did exist, that he considered the love of his life, well throw in the fact he made up a bunch of stories to his family and media and was cheating on her at Notre Dame.....

That makes him both the biggest doofus, emotionally troubled person and scum bag ever.

Edited by Gismo

Update from deadspin:

http://m.deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-interview-manti-teo-admits-to-tailoring-his-stories-says-he-wasnt-convinced-lennay-kekua-was-fake-until-wednesday

What is weird is that ESPN edited their story since releasing it, removing some of the things that Manti had said to them. I think they are trying to protect him. Also, the tweet apology is so bizarre, and could easily be any stranger tweeting, and deadspin raises good questions about these tweets.

Manti is a shameless fraud. I think even this interview is full of more lies. And about him not being sure she didn't exist until Wednesday... That's not what Notre Dame reported. Notre Dame said they investigated and knew it was a hoax before the championship game. Things still aren't adding up and lies are still being propagated.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Update from deadspin:

http://m.deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-interview-manti-teo-admits-to-tailoring-his-stories-says-he-wasnt-convinced-lennay-kekua-was-fake-until-wednesday

What is weird is that ESPN edited their story since releasing it, removing some of the things that Manti had said to them. I think they are trying to protect him. Also, the tweet apology is so bizarre, and could easily be any stranger tweeting, and deadspin raises good questions about these tweets.

Manti is a shameless fraud. I think even this interview is full of more lies. And about him not being sure she didn't exist until Wednesday... That's not what Notre Dame reported. Notre Dame said they investigated and knew it was a hoax before the championship game. Things still aren't adding up and lies are still being propagated.

NOTRE DAME decided it was a hoax before the championship game.  Manti said he was not 100% sure until Wednesday.  The kid was in love with a fraud.  Happens all the time.  Some people just want it to be an evil star football so badly that they are twisting the evidence to make it fit what they want to believe.

These people did operated a truly disgusting scam on him.  They is way more evidence than needed to prove that.

He lied because he was embarassed, and it spun out of control.  He was wrong, and has admitted as such.

Te'o is naive and not terribly bright, at least in a street sense.  Why is there such a strong desire to make it more than that?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So, based on everything I know so far, if Manti says he believed Lennay existed that just makes him a doofus in addition to being a liar.

Everything he told the media about his relationship with Lennay was fabricated to manipulate people.

Some ESPN reporter did a 2.5 hour sit down, off camera interview last night, and Manti had a lawyer with him. Well, you need a lawyer to protect liability, so who is liable? Notreal Dame, Manti, or both?

He told this reporter that he did Skype with Lennay but that she was covered by a "black box!" And he didn't think it was weird. He sat there talking to a black box on Skype while some Ronaiah and friends did their voice acting?

If he is this dumb how did he even graduate high school let alone make it through Notre Dame? A black ******* box? It defies belief anyone could be so dumb.

And it was reported he was dating other women at Notre Dame and his teammates and other students knew the details of his relationship with Lennay that he was telling the media was total BS.

I mean if he believed Lennay did exist, that he considered the love of his life, well throw in the fact he made up a bunch of stories to his family and media and was cheating on her at Notre Dame.....

That makes him both the biggest doofus, emotionally troubled person and scum bag ever.

Seriously, you really don't even care what has been said, do you?  Half the stuff you said is flat out wrong.

He has known her three years, was dating others during that time.  The relationship became more serious a few months ago.

Not everything he said was a lie.  The phone calls were real.  He has provided phone records.

His story checks out, and is the most rational explanation.  You just want to string up a Notre Dame player because you weren't a good enough athlete to play football yoruself.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Here's a good post from a guy on the csnbbs boards (OUGwave) and I'm leaning towards agrreing with him:::

I think here is what we KNOW so far.

1) There is no Lennay.

2) A group of people purporting to be "Lennay" initiated an online relationship with Manti Te'o. (i.e., catfishing). At least one of these is a guy named Tuiasosopo and at least one is a female (individual who had phone conversations with Manti.

3) The group sent phony pictures to Manti.

4) Manti gave conflicting accounts of the nature of their "relationship". Whether this is out of embarassment that the relationship was virtual or whether it was something that he couldn't control once the media got a hold of it, I think is a matter of speculation.

5) The hoaxsters "end" the relationship in September by "killing off Manti". They pick the most pitiful and painful day to do it, the day his grandmother died. Sick bastards.

6) Manti got a phone call from the "Lennay" number in early December at the CFB awards banquet, and "Lennay's" voice claimed it was "Lennay's" twin sister. Light bulb FINALLY goes off in Manti's mind that something is NOT right. He has several conversations with her to probe the truth. He determines that he's been the subject of a cruel joke, and tells his parents.

7) In late December, he told Notre Dame's coaches and athletic department. ND explored possibile criminal ramifications, and finding none, hired an investigative security team to get to the bottom of it. Investigative team returns report 3 days before MNC game saying that Manti was a victim, and not culpable in the hoax.

8) ND and Te'o sit on the story until after the MNC game, then plot their PR strategy to out the hoax. Unfortunately, Gawker/Deadspin beat them to the punch.

The keys to Manti being cleared are 1) admit that he did embellish some details of their physical relationship out of embarassment, 2) get real comfortable with the idea that being embarassed publically over being a naive love-sick kid is A LOT better than having people (and NFL clubs) think you are a malicious fraud artist. He can get this behind him quickly if he does.

The thing that a lot of ND haters and even casual observers are missing here is that Manti isn't the typical college football player who has a vibrant social life, dates a lot, etc. He is an incredibly naive, sheltered, mormon 21 year old that spouts platitudes about faith and hope like he is an Oprah book club devotee. This does not fit with our perception of football players and especially linebackers (e.g., Ray Lewis), so people just assume that he maliciously made Lennay up as part of a PR ploy.

I'm telling you, Occam's razor says that this sheltered mormon kid really is that naive to fall for this.

Did you read the previous posts and articles in this thread? 

Weather or not Manti thought Lennay was real or not, Manti was manipulating the media big time. He was partying and hooking up with other girls at ND. It is reported that the players knew it was fishy, and couldn't believe Manti was saying all the things he was to the media. Read the posted articles. Manti is just as guilty as the Jonaiah hoaxter even if he believed Lennay to be real, it is becoming clear that Manti porposely, with the intent to manipulate and gain sympathy, lied to the media about the details. He basically made up most of the details about their visits and meeting at Stanford and talking on the phone all night... none of that happened, even if he thought Lennay was real, it wasn't a serious online love affair like he is claiming. 

It looks like both Manti and this Jonaiah guy are total cons. 

Yes, I read some of the previous posts along with a lot of the articles floating around. I just believe he was duped and have a different opinion than most on this board. Maybe it's because a lot of you hate Notre Dame and Monti for some reason? I don't know.

Seriously, you really don't even care what has been said, do you?  Half the stuff you said is flat out wrong.

He has known her three years, was dating others during that time.  The relationship became more serious a few months ago.

Not everything he said was a lie.  The phone calls were real.  He has provided phone records.

His story checks out, and is the most rational explanation.  You just want to string up a Notre Dame player because you weren't a good enough athlete to play football yoruself.

Lol what? 

That's fine if he was duped... but even so he made up a lot of stuff and totally played the media. So either way it reflects very poorly on his character in my opinion. Maybe you believe all of his story, but to me much of it defies belief even though some parts are plausible others I am just not yet buying. Has nothing to do with my athleticism or any opinions I have about Notre Dame. 

I have not seen where it was reported that he provided the phone records, and if you could provide a link that actually might alter my opinion somewhat.