• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Antonio Andrews to USF????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

if it comes true it's a good move for all parties involved.  In the long run it will help Andrews prove that he can play consistently against BCS level competition.  if he does well that will improve his draft status.  It helps us by bringing in someone that has an understanding of Taggart's system and will help shorten the learning curve for the new kids coming in.

There is plenty of precedent for this situation.  Ben Mauk helped get Brian Kelly going in his first year as the UC coach.  Greg Paulus came in during Marrone's first year at Syracuse to help get them moving in the right direction a few years ago.  Montel Harris, who I believe is Boston College's all time leading rusher, played this year at Temple under similar circumstances.

Good move for all if it happens.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

we are desperate...i mean 3 pages already on a wku transfer?

===

Too be fair, he was the leading rusher in NCAA this year.  Had 115 yards against Alabama.  He's not the best back in the nation, but considering we're thin at RB and have 0 RB commits, he would be a huge pick up at this point.

Huh? This link says 27 yards against Bama, 15 on one run. His other 6 runs netted 12 yards total...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/508524/antonio-andrews

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe he was also counting receiving and return yards. 

It must be his combined yards:

Rushing:

REC YDS AVG TD LG   7 27 3.9 0 15

Receiving:

REC YDS AVG TD LG   6 52 8.7 0 13

Punt Returns:

NO YDS AVG LG   2 15 7.5 14

Kick Returns:

NO YDS AVG LG  2 38 19.0 27

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe he was also counting receiving and return yards. 

It must be his combined yards:

Rushing:

REC YDS AVG TD LG   7 27 3.9 0 15

Receiving:

REC YDS AVG TD LG   6 52 8.7 0 13

Punt Returns:

NO YDS AVG LG   2 15 7.5 14

Kick Returns:

NO YDS AVG LG  2 38 19.0 27

132 All-purpose by my count.  Sounds like that's what he was talking about.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think we will see a defense that can even sniff bamas D next year. If we get Andrews, he will light up the Big East Ray Rice style.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think we will see a defense that can even sniff bamas D next year. If we get Andrews, he will light up the Big East Ray Rice style.

I certainly hope not. :)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like Kevin Smith from UCF a several years back.  A ton of yards on a ton of carries.  If he's up for it, why not?

Checked his stats, he only had one workhorse year so he shouldnt be on dead legs.  Perfect opportunity for him to demonstrate he wasnt a one year wonder and he could help himself significantly in the draft with another outstanding college season.

Edited by inTransit

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  37

Whether we get this kid or not, I think there is an ace up CWT sleeve and he gets a huge recruiting coup on signing day.  A program changer.  He might not resemble one right away but he will by the end of next season.  I am, however, a Detroit Lions fan and the eternal optimist, so I have been wrong before.  Just have faith.  I cant wait to see what this staff can do with a full year on the recruiting trail.

Edited by cmsnow84

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

I think it would be a very smart move on his part as he could prove himself to NFL scouts and show he can play against BCS caliber competition. We still have UofL, Cincy, Rutgers and UCF should be pretty good. Plus I would think we have a much better OL than WKU did and that should only make things easier for him. If he does come here it would be a smooth transition for him as well as us and really give us an opportunity to have a decent season. With our additions to our defensive coaching staff I really believe they can FINALLY get the most out of are superior athletes and really dominate.

No reason our DL shouldn't be able to put enough pressure against our opponents QB's allowing us to make up for our secondary. Although our safeties are solid and we have talent at corner so maybe we can coach them up. With Aaron Lynch(kid's a beast), Giddins, Mims, Lee, JuJu, Kino, Chandler, Luke, Hamilton and I have my fingers crossed for Sneat as that kid looks like a beast on the inside(something we have lacked) we will be able to have fresh legs out there and not have any drop off. They should be blowing up opposing OL's and confusing them with so many different strengths each player possess and then utilizing stunts plus great blitzing techniques(blitzing to QB's blind side, drop an athletic DE into coverage, use our players length and knock down passes) we should really through a monkey wrench into their blocking schemes, oh and did I mention Aaron Lynch(can't wait to see that kid suit up!)!

The big question mark is QB but the great thing with CWT's O is that they aren't asked to do too much and I think that plays to Eveld's strengths and Floyd's as well. I just can't wait to see a running game as it has just been horrendous to watch not to mention the fact that teams knew what plays we were calling since we never switched things up and didn't have any creativity in terms of play calling. It will really open up the play action pass and with an elite TE in Price he could really have a break out year and then having a huge target in D'Vo on one side and then the Freak Show on the other all I can say is watch out! But I think we have two solid backs in Shaw and Pierre and wouldn't be surprised if we saw big things from both of them this year as well as Battles. I don't know what Battles deal has been but he has the talent, size and speed to really be something special, I just hope he gets it together.

I still would like to see Jojo Kemp sign with us but know that is probably no going to happen. Good thing is if we do get Andrews it will give CWT another yr to recruit a solid RB and in Florida there are a ton of elite backs every yr and all of them want to play as a true frosh. Good thing is the flip side on that is that RB is probably one of the easiest positions to transition to right away from high school to college when you are an elite back.